FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
new exploit to watch out for?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: new exploit to watch out for? Reply with quote

I've started to see a new trends in snipers these days. I've noticed at least two guys who are very quick to go back to scope. I will explain. You see the guy strafing very fast, then bang he got you in no time with a scoped kill. Since you cannot strafe at that speed while scoped, my impression is they manage to remove the little time it takes to get scoped view. It was from too far away to be unscoped kill, and it happened too often for it to be sheer luck. The two guys were something like 80-15 on a map like Flash and Anzio, sniping almost in melee, not from a safe distance in the back.

I've seen Shock obtain similar numbers, but it never felt like this.

Be wary of this guys.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a script or an aimbot, too...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or they could have a botton bound to a low fov and how know where the ret is saposed to be
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have power strip (a program that allows you to adjust gamma amongst other things) you can bypass the scope fade since your screen will be bright enough to see the enemy
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to check when you see these guys again, is to spec them in third person. Then look to see if they are shooting while going to scope.

One nice thing about recent versions of DoD is that you can spec them and see if they are scoped or not.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is an exploit where you can have every weapon scoped and move faster while scoped. I don't know exactly how it is done, but I have seen it done. It involves having fast switch on and switching to a pistol while scoped and dropping the sniper rifle and picking up a new weapon. Something along the lines of that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MSE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think you could change fov in dod...it sasses you in console if you try it. Other than that, I've heard some people put scotch tape and a little pen dot on their monitor, which i imagine would work just fine. You can also pistol/rifle toggle real fast to get the crosshair just before you fire.
FiReaNG3L

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing on the same server that night, and I witnessed the suspected hacker (no, not paddy!). While in spectate mode (while I waited to respawn)... i saw the sniper guy on our team, who was doing very well, on the bridge on anzio. Nothing suspect there, I do it all the time... but he was VERY quick at scoping then shooting, all in a fraction of second, like he had no fade to black delay... it's not a 'dot glued to screen' hax, as he was scoping. Could be some powerstrip thing I guess, but I use it (my monitor is VERY dark) and can't find a way to do this.

Any ideas?
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could possibly be that he knows the middle of the screen extremely well. If you are confident your crosshairs are on him when you go to scope you could just shoot right after going to scope.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think it works in dod but in other mods with snipers w/o rets, i know a way to get your mouse pointer stuck in the middle of your screen when you play and that is ritght in the middle of your ret so then its easy to noscope
kubrick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really isn't a way to prove that someone has their gamma cranked up or not. It doesn't show up in demos or screenshots.

Personally, I equate it with using stopsound. Yes it gives them an advantage, but it's not like it aims and shoots for them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge gamma hax0r.
kubrick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention, even if they have gamma up enough to bypass the scope fade, there is still a 0.5 second delay before they can fire.

Very similiar to the fastswitch bypassing the reload animation on bolt rifles. You still cannot fire until the animation time has elapsed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
[NoClan]Lunt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

were you the one who kicked me yesterday? and then when I came back in you left....hmmmmm...french conspiracy....has the ville stooped so low as to make you an admin man times are tough........
cmon
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one have played sniper much more than in previous versions of dod. I have become comfortable in many cases with centering the screen without scoping, however it seems like the accuracy is similar to the kar in that you don't get the accurate shot until a split second after you have stopped moving. It is hard to just run around no-scoping, but when you have a bunch of guys bearing down on you, you might just start slipping into side-step kar mode. I find myself doing that often when I assault-snipe...that is, continually try to advance. The thing that I have never looked into that I see a lot of players do is the fast weapons switching. I realize you can flip to a weapon and back again to avoid the activating of the next shell animation sequence, but are there other benefits to this? I take pride in the fact that I can still wail on people without any scripting. Now if I can just scrape together enough funds for a 9800!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: