FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CS:Source

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kubrick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: CS:Source Reply with quote

So I played some CS:Source last night(I know, I know cs is a bad word around here).

It was very cool. Graphics were great, my comp could handle it, but my FPS were around 20-40. The rag doll physics are cool, and when you shoot the dead bodies, they move realistically.

If you've ever played cs, the hig reg is completely different. The AWP is hard to use now, I couldn't hit a damn thing with it. One of the coolest things was how almost everything can be moved around. Like barrels, tires etc. It was funny to see barrels and tires rolling down the hill.

The smoke and grenade effects are great. When a frag grenade blows up near you, your "ears" ring and you can't hear for a while. The Flashbangs are similiar, except you get the white screen and the ringing. The smoke looks incredible. I would post some screenshots, but it appears they disabled that function for the beta test. Same with demos.

Anyone else played it? What did you think.

I can't wait for DOD:Source. Cause CS really isn't my game, but it was fun to see what the HL2 engine is capable of.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome. I want to try it but I don't have CZ or anything.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mulder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was impressed by it. It was rather hard finding a server with slots that didd'nt ping 400+

btw, screen shots aren't disabled, look in:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\email addy\counter-strike source beta\cstrike\screenshots
WonD3rEr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i got CZ and i dl source but it doesn't let me play the game when i launch the game my screen goes black and it looks like its about to load but then it just brings me back to desktop and updated the Direct X driver but still couldn't play it anybody having this problem or does any one know how to fix it?? plz tell me
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your computer specs?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WonD3rEr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nvm i got it fix i just reinstalled steam again
Gurrg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You jsut reinstalled? But steam NEVER causes problems

If i had some money i'd buy cs, but i'm cheap and it's not my game. Glad to hear that the graphics rock, did the game chaneg much, or just updated physics and such? I want to know so mayeb they won't change much on tfc either.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the new physics change the game a lot in itself. The flashbangs, grenades, and smoke are a lot more effective now than before. I haven't tried it yet but that's what I've heard about it.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurrg wrote:
You jsut reinstalled? But steam NEVER causes problems

If i had some money i'd buy cs, but i'm cheap and it's not my game. Glad to hear that the graphics rock, did the game chaneg much, or just updated physics and such? I want to know so mayeb they won't change much on tfc either.

The TFC 2 Site (yea it's still there along with forums) Said That TFC 2 Would Use The Same Physics Model As Half Life 2 Except That TFC 2 Would Have Deformable Terrain.

Supposedly TFC 2 And DoD Source Should Release 1 To 2 Months After Half Life 2, Whenever That Is.

I'm Still Holdin' Out For That 2025 Release Date.

When The Only Tool You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Else Looks Like A Nail....
Mulder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
The flashbangs, grenades, and smoke are a lot more effective now than before.

you have heard correctly
Blown

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been thinking about trying it myself. I jsut cant get myself to buy CS though, even though it was kinda fun when TV had that server for a day or two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mulder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go out and buy CS:CZ just to play this beta, I don't think it's worth it. I'm only playing because of my HL2 coupon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: