FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MUST KILL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: MUST KILL Reply with quote

AGAIN I AM BEING BUMBARDED WITH CRAPPY IE HIJACKERS ADWARE AND VIRUSES. THIS IS THE F**KING 4TH TIME THIS MONTH THAT I HAVE SCANNED RESCANNED AND SCANNED FURTHER MORE. I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF THIS AND IF I CANT GET RID OF IT BY THIS WEEKEND THEN ITS TIME FOR A REFORMAT....AGAIN

btw what cleaners and scanners do you guys use

i have (list all i can think of at the moment)

avg trial version
avg registered version(something messed up the id # for me so until i fix that i have the trial)
adware6.0
registry mechanic
easycleaner

...thats all i can think of at the moment

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know my fiance got one and I found the uninstaller in the windows folder. I don't know if that will help you, but you might open it up and take a look in there.
i-sux/r1pp3r

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

read that spy bot search and destroy is one of the best adware removal programs out there....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did the windows thing it didnt work.... ill try spybot though

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have McAfee Security Center, it works good I have never had a virus problem, acouple have been detected here and there and were dealt with immediately. It also handles adware and stuff

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: MUST KILL Reply with quote

Speaker's Xeno wrote:
AGAIN I AM BEING BUMBARDED WITH CRAPPY IE HIJACKERS ADWARE AND VIRUSES. THIS IS THE F**KING 4TH TIME THIS MONTH THAT I HAVE SCANNED RESCANNED AND SCANNED FURTHER MORE. I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF THIS AND IF I CANT GET RID OF IT BY THIS WEEKEND THEN ITS TIME FOR A REFORMAT....AGAIN

I hear that pron sites will do that to you

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: MUST KILL Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
Speaker's Xeno wrote:

Damn, you beat me to it!
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: MUST KILL Reply with quote

Nanite wrote:
FragFailure wrote:
Speaker's Xeno wrote:

Damn, you beat me to it!

heh.. beat

but if you google "the nameof it uninstall" you can get some pretty good answers.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save Yourself A Lot Of Headaches And Download Mozilla Firefox.
That Way, When Your Out There Browsing "Questionable"
Sites, Ya Don't Have To Worry About Being Hijacked Or Attacked
By Ads While In Search Of An Education

Ad- Aware SE ver. 101 Is Avalilable As A Free Download From
PCWorld.com http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,7423,00.asp

Latest Version Came Out August 9, 2004

When The Only Tool You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Else Looks Like A Nail....
Deathbringer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean your machine up with Spybot.
Then increase your security settings in IE. In your "internet options" increase the overall security to medium at least or use the custom(perfered) and increase the security on ActiveX settings, like to prompt instead of just doing it. ActiveX is where most of the trouble comes from, next biggest offender is Java, so set that to high safety.

You don't have to switch browsers you just have to setup the current one you have to deal with the "bad sites" that are out there. I have only ever had one hijacker on my machine since I have owned computers... And you can ask Blown65 I surf all kinds of "bad sites".

Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, with IE in a week I had 146 files to quarantine, and with Mozilla firefox, I only have (at the most) 2. Downloaded the extension AdBlock and haven't had to quarantine anything for 6 days

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: MUST KILL Reply with quote

Nanite wrote:
FragFailure wrote:
Speaker's Xeno wrote:

Damn, you beat me to it!

lol i knew you guys would bring that up im just surprised at how many other ppl posted b4 anyone said that...btw i stopped looking at those sites about a week or 2 b4 i had the problems

kubrick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IE is the devil

Either that or you are installing every piece of software out there. But I use IE a lot too, actually, I use myIe2, which uses the IE engine, but has a popup blocker in it and stuff. I never seem to have a problem with spyware, but then again, I stay away from the pr0n sites
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
osiris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you turned off your windows messagin service? Goto control panel, double clicky Administrative Tools then clicky Services then scroll down till you find Messenger right click that and
all task>Stop once youve stopped messenger then right click again and choose Properties and under startup type choose disabled...

Also do a alt+ctrl+delete and see how many processes you are running should be around 16, if you got more goto Start>Run and type Msconfig goto startup and uncheck what you dont want to come up on startup dont worry bout messin anything up everything in startup is user setup and not needed for windows to run propely, sometimes you get a stubborn Virus/trojan/spyware that you just seem to not be able to get rid of

Case-N-Point i did a alt-ctrl-delete and found a few wierd processes called wsup.exe As far as I see it, the two exe's this atrocity runs are some form of an ad-delivery/spyware program. They eat up a metric fukton of resources, and leave quite an interesting security issue... After running msconfig, unchecking their boxes and rebooting, I still found them in my processes list, and Windoze Explorer gave me an error when I tried to delete them. So naturally, I went back into msconfig and the boxes were unchecked, but two more had appeared, and were checked. I ran
ad-aware & mcafee and none of them found this wsup.exe pfft so after a few hours i finnaly got rid of it...

How to terminate each of the following tasks if present : TB_Setup, WinTools, Wsup, WtoolsA, WtoolsS.

1) If you are on Windows 2000/XP/2003, switch over to the Services tab and stop the following service if found : WinTools for IE service (also listed as WToolsS). Next, set the Startup Mode of this service to Disabled.
2) Switch over to the Startups tab, right-click on each of the following startup entries, if present, and choose Delete the file that this startup points to : TB_Setup, WinTools, Wsup, WToolsA, WToolsS.
3) Next, delete every startup entry associated with any of these programs : TB_Setup, WinTools, Wsup, WToolsA, WToolsS.
4) Restart your PC and go and delete the WinTools folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files.
5) Manually update your antivirus software and run a full virus scan of your PC.
6) Go to “Add/Remove Programs” in the Control Panel and remove WinTools Easy Installer and WinTools for Internet Explorer 2. If Windows tells you that the software has already been deleted and would you like to remove the entry from “Add/Remove Programs”, answer Yes.

If you are using IE i suggest you switch over to netscape it has a built in pop up blocker that seems to work well, I also run mcafeee secruity center which blocks most of everything
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im doing the virus scanner right now thanks alot everyone espically you O so far so good*keeps fingers crossed*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: