FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
More people should PYRO!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I haven't had this much fun playing in awhile. Pyros are great! I'm finally starting to get the hang of them and you can really flame some llamas while maintaining a great k:d ratio (to whoever it matters). I don't care a ton about the k:d ratio, but I love harassing the enemy and watching llamas eventually just give up and submit to the flames when they are trapped in a corner. Pyros have this rep of sucking and being a weak class that can't kill a ton of people, but they can. Even better they annoy the hell out of people...I know they bother me when I am confronting one. I especially love firing my rockets and lighting up like 4 people when they are grouped. Now I need to learn to RJ to the sniper deck in 2fort with pyro and I will be a real annoying SOB.

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the napalm rockets will go through the floors and walls on most levels.I will Pyro on 2fort just to burn all the dumb ass snipes :smile:Napalm nades seal the front exit pretty well too on 2fort.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made this point a while ago. I can mulch very well with a pyro (I even got ghanja a few times ). I find it a fun and amusing class and it shoudl be along with the spy the class of choice among players like me that enjoy terrorizing defenses and wreaking havoc. It takes a lot of skill to pyro against the l33t players here but once you can do that and master all the classes it's a breeze to play this game and it eventually gets kinda agitating when u run out of people that can kill you one on one (let's not delve into against teams, I find myself dying because of my teammates more than anything else thanks to people that consistently shoot me into grenades and BLOCK DOORWAYS, I HATE PEOPLE THAT DO THAT). I can find only a handful of people like that here and I'm gettin kinda lazy tryin to train my lil brother on how to play. He's been here all week, give him a friendly hello, he's been watching me and he's trying to play a little better. He's actually quite decent and can hold his own.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree pyro should be played more. IMO it's definitely the most fun class. And it's really funny when you kill an HW. They're so easy to kill, hehe. I don't think you can IC+napalm jump to the sniper deck, can you? And if you're here, hey Bak's Lil' Bro!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
[NoClan]Inman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rekon there flames should be made stonger

Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres nothing like strafing around a hw as pyro watching the poor guy try an turn with you as you fry him to giblets just gives it that back yard BBQ feel.Those rockets fired right can cause some major damage.
bman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love pyro i always play the but only soldiers can rocket jump, not pyros
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say hi to your brother, Bakuryu, if you tell us what his screen name is.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Pyros are great... I find the flamethrower useful for charging where there are snipers... strafe left and right, and fill the air with flames... I've made it across a LOT of open ground like that, then torched the poor snipey who missed me on the way... fun fun fun
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Monk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people think that Pyros can't rocket jump, but they can... sort of. Since Pyros are relatively light, a grenade blast will propel them quite a distance, and combined with a rocket, you can do a pretty nice rocket jump. I can jump to the sniper deck on 2fort, as well as the first jump on Avanti just in front of the first gate, by using a grenade only.

Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree pyros are fun as hell and on turkeyburgers there even better. Oh and hi baks lil bro.

aa, oshiete sensei-san
[Florida]GO TO HELL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind burnning someone to death "lol"

(In The Game!!)

http://www.geocities.com/clanflorida/Florida.html
cya,
[Florida]GO TO HELL

[ This Message was edited by: [Florida]GO TO HELL on 2002-01-19 18:47 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: