FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Making a second video... need opinions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Making a second video... need opinions Reply with quote

So I had so much fun making my first ill-concieved DoD video, that I'm gonna make a second one. I thought it would take a while but in the past couple of days I've been making so many clip-worthy shots that I've got about 5 minutes worth of footage. The problem I have is that I'm not sure if this will be too long. Most of the shots are pretty nice, a bunch of sick shots through walls and corners, some streaks & mid air shots, so it's not like there will be any trash in there (except this one time I prone in a corner with a thompson while waiting for more fresh respawns.). The basic criticisms I got on my last one were a lack of video quality, which I think I have found a solution for(except a few view demo bugs which I can't get rid of, hello magical flying sniper helmet of doom), and the fact that I jacked most of it up to 200% speed to keep it concise. If most of my video is at 1x speed, will that still be too fast? And is 5 minutes too long?
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 minutes is pretty long but if it's all good material and the download isn't too big then go ahead. I would rather watch a shorter video though.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno its about 4:47 now, I editted down many of the scenes to cut down the length. I think I used slomo a little too much but I wanted to show how I angeled the wall shots. Whole thing came out to 35 MB which was suprising. I think I'm gonna try make the quality a litttle better and shoot for ~ 70 MB. Then I will have to add music and some sort of cute intro and outro.
Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as I'm one of the people you kill (many many
times, of course,) then the video can be as long as
you want it to be!

Anyways, I always get a kick out of the videos people
let us see. Just make sure teh quality is geud!

Spoiled Milk, the other white meat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh you're in there
i-sux/r1pp3r

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about me, am i in there? i don't really care, since i have dsl i just sit back and wait. plus i like watching videos....i learn from them
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: