FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Keyboard and/or Mouse

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: New Keyboard and/or Mouse Reply with quote

Back with another question for you geniuses. I'm looking into buying a new keyboard and/or mouse. I have ~$100 but I'd rather not spend it all. The part I want most is the mouse (keyboard too if its a good deal). I've been looking into either the Logitech mx900 or mx1000 mouse. There is the mx3100 mouse and keyboard combo which comes with an mx1000. It all comes down to "which mouse is better for games?". BTW I really want wireless. Any other suggestions would be taken into consideration also.
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mx1000 = EVIL

Mine is kirking out on me, it randomly moves, will not shoot (left mouse button - doesn't want to register clicking), randomly decides that I have right clicked when indeed i haven't, and is a general pain in my ass.

If I am browsing a web page, it randomly will not move at all, and when I try to scroll, it selects all the text, or decides to go to the last page visited.

Short story, I have bought the mx510 in blue instead, it's not wireless, which is what I wanted, but at this point, I just want a mouse I can play games with. I liked my mx1000 until it decided to get hacked/possessed/evil, there wasn't any lag or what not which I was expecting since it was wireless, but like I said, it is now possessed, and even slamming it onto the mousepad only gets it to respond for brief seconds.

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inland optical mouse works great for me.

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get an mx518 and a crappy keyboard, you dont need all those features on any other key board. just get a good brand keyboard and it'll last you.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just a regular logitec optical wheel mouse and it works great. My keyboard is a ViewSonic with two USB ports that come in handy sometimes.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for about 25 bucks you can get this Viewsonic keyboard at Frys

http://www.viewsonic.com/support/accessories/keyboards/ku202/

we have 3 of them here and love them.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 2nd the mx518 very smooth
Bull
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at what I just ran across...

http://techgage.com/archive.php?id=2267

It's about time Logitech got it together..

Hope it works as good as the hype.
and WalMart Security

"Get-r-Done"
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mx518 looks nice but I'm looking for a good wireless. maybe I'll wait for the G7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard from a few different people that wireless isn't always the greatest. Sometimes it lags or doesn't respond well. Not sure if they had a faulty one or whatever. I have the MX510 and love it, great mouse, i've had no problems with it.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: