FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pre-Game DoD Tactics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotty
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Pre-Game DoD Tactics Reply with quote

This guide will teach you how to get ready every time before you play DoD so that you can get the most out of your game.

Getting Ready
Keep these things in mind before playing

-Wear comfortable clothes; you don't want to be playing DoD if your clothes are itchy or anything like that.
-Get a drink of water or some sort of drink....Being thirsty will make you uncomfortable and won't allow you to enjoy your game of DoD
-Clean your monitor of dust
-Before playing, do some stretching or crack your knuckles to help you relax
-Take a deep breath

Playing Conditions

To play DoD effectively, you must be a good mood. Nobody plays well when they are mad, and when they don't play well, it will make them even madder. Also, nobody plays well when they are: Half-awake, sad, moody, mourning over someone who passed away, dying, or about to commit suicide . Anyways...You also want to keep in mind about lighting! The perfect amount of lighting means everything. To get the perfect amount of lighting you must keep the blinds of the windows closed and use a table light instead. This will reduce the glare on your monitor a lot. The mousepad and the mouse also affects your gameplay. I recommend an optical mouse because it's precise and it doesn't need cleaning. If you use a ball for your mouse, then I recommend that you clean it at least every two weeks with a Q-tip. You also have to be very careful when picking out your mousepad. I know it doesn't sound too important, but trust me.....it does. Pick one that either has a palm rest built into it or one that is soft. Don't pick one that has a slick surface because if your hadn is sweating during the game and your hand or arm is touching the pad, it will cause your skin to slightly "stick" to it. The temperature also plays a key factor in DoD. You don't want it be too hot or too cold. If it's too cold, your hands won't be too flexible causing you to press a button too late(That split-second makes all the difference!). And you don't want it too hot either which will cause you to sweat . Keep the temperature between 65-71 degrees(F).

I hope you learned something from this article which will improve your gameplay efficency. Until next time...

[XT]Spotty :hb: :-?
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if your playing for a million dollars this might come in handy.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Turbo!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Well if your playing for a million dollars this might come in handy.

you mean we're not?

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all a matter of opinion if you ask me...I could disagree with half of what you said...

Why does it matter anyway though? I thought we played games for fun. You're making it sound like a major sporting event.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Why does it matter anyway though? I thought we played games for fun. You're making it sound like a major sporting event.

Yeah lol that's what I thought.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:

Yeah lol that's what I thought.

If it were a major sporting event then I'd be doing a lot more to get ready than what he is explaining. He is right about temperature though (if you are using a laptop like me). If it is really hot and I'm playing DOD my laptop will shut off automatically. When this happens I just go downstairs because its much cooler.

I don't know how this will help your game much. I probably play this game better when I'm angry, I'll have more of my energy focused. Playing while having difficult life situations wouldn't hurt me. I play to get away from reality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have a cheap laptop then...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems more like a good laugh than an actual thing to help people play dod(though I don't play it(can't stand the game)). Though using my experience with TFC, I tend to do things the exact opposite of what is said here. I start doing better when I am getting frustrated with something; whether this be my internet connect, my computer, or even how I am currently doing(when I am trying to win that is). This is when I start to do better, I start to consider what I am doing and then look for where my current weakness are.

Considering though this is a game and it is supposed to just be fun, most of what I have said and also said previously are irrelevant(except that I personally like to have a higher ambient temperature).
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He forgot to mention beers. I need beers to perform.

Some nights, when I'm playing really bad, I open up 2-3 beers, and then everything goes my way

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
You must have a cheap laptop then...

The only thing that is really cheap about it is the heat problem. It doesn't cool off very well. It is plenty fast to play the latest games at good resolutions and was pretty cheap for what it came with. I just can't play when its 85 and humid in my living room.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have a fan?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Does it have a fan?

Yes! Its very loud. It just doesn't work as well as it should. I should get a big bag of ice and sit my laptop on top of it. That would work.
Ten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carmel Apple Pops + MGD + drawn blinds + pajamas + closed door = all I need. I pity the foo' without flannel pants.

If you get like panic attacks when you're about to play in a pub you should take some valium or somethin'. ;^)
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i need is a can of dr. pepper..then im set
kubrick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vTEC wrote:
all i need is a can of dr. pepper..then im set

h4x!!!11!1!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: