FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
In JD forum because he would like it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twisted29

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M16 only has a combat range of 30 meters? I can shoot further than that with my bow! Just try to take over NY!
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can stand 350 feet from me, you can start running for cover as fast as you like then I get to start shooting. we shall see how far you can get.

But here is a poem from the time when the little gun was new...

There were strange things done under the jungle sun
By the men with the "Matty Mattel",
The jungle trails have their secret tales,
Of men who’ve had a glimpse of Hell.

There were memories clear of loved ones dear,
Who resided on Stateside sod,
By the sweating veterans of jungle fights,
As they cleared their jams with a rod.

These were the Marines of the Infantry line
Who offered the country their souls.
Of men who tried and fought and died
And here their story is told.

‘Twas a different time and men of a different breed.
Their story’s of danger in a different clime,
Of jungle fights where they fought and died,
With a plastic toy and a cleaning rod...
-- for McNamara’s bottom line!
With apologies to Robert Service

Last edited by ROOFCUTTER on Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Twisted29

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
you can stand 350 feet from me, you can start running for cover as fast as you like then I get to start shooting. we shall see how far you can get.

At that range, I pull out my rifle.....no need to get THAT fancy
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted29 wrote:
The M16 only has a combat range of 30 meters? I can shoot further than that with my bow! Just try to take over NY!

That is minimum safe combat distance, meaning that any closer increases the danger when in combat. Thea actual range of the gun is 400 meters.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I reply with some of my toys yet?

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see any scratches on those guns!
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
I dont see any scratches on those guns!

They are Canuck guns...aka the same ones used at a US Marine funeral for a Mexican born USMC who immigrated to the USA and the mother requested his body be buried in Mexico.

The Mexican police interupted the funeral with m 16 saying that other countrys militarys are not alowed to carry in Mexico. The marines responed these are dummy guns used for funerals in forieng countrys and that the mothers of this slayesd solder was an american imigrant.

So dis respectfull with what they did.
Little Miss Hurt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:

But here is a poem from the time when the little gun was new...

With apologies to Robert Service

No NO.... Not Sam McGee

A Better one would be The Skippers out of Marblehead - Ya Know - "Skipper Ireson's Ride" (Whittier)
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the post the M-16 has a range of 350 M....re read mine or roofs orig posts
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M82A1 is a semi-automatic, air cooled, box magazine fed rifle chambered for the .50 caliber, M2 Browning Machine Gun cartridge (.50 BMG or 12.7 x 99mm NATO).
This rifle operates by means of the short recoil principle. The weapon system is comprised of the rifle (M82A1), one ten round magazines, bipod legs, carrying handle, and iron sights. Optional telescopes are available.
A custom fit air/watertight carrying case is standard equipment with every M82A1. We also offer a backpack and soft carrying case for transport alternatives.
The Barrett 82A1 rifles are successfully used against a large variety of targets, often at staggering ranges, and perform excellently. The 82A1 is a fully matured, special purpose/anti-material weapon system. With its battle-proven performance and massive popularity, the M82A1 is the rifle to own.

Today's M82A1 is a well perfected design which weighs a manageable 28.5 pounds. Overall length is 57 inches which reduces to only 38 inches when the weapons is disassembled and the barrel is allowed to collapse into the receiver. The 29 inch Krieger barrel is fluted to increase rigidity and accelerate cooling.
A twin chamber "chevron" muzzle brake, which is now used on all Barrett rifles, tops off the barrel. This brake actively redirects the propellant gases rearward and has an efficiency rating of approximately 69%.
The M82A1 semiautomatic rifle is recoil operated, which by itself absorbs much of the impact upon the shooter's shoulder. A heavy-duty Kick-Eze shoulder pad assists in reducing the felt recoil, which is no stouter than that from a lightweight shotgun. Overall, the recoil is slower than that of a shotgun and reminiscent of the H&K G3. This reduction of recoil allows rapid aimed fire to be accomplished with ease. It also allows the M82A1 to be fired from an underarm position where the rifle is braced with the issue sling and recoils straight back with no sideswing.
The barrel and bolt recoil together for two inches before a cam in the receiver unlocks the bolt and ejects the fired case. The upper and lower receiver halves are welded, sheet-metal steel stampings. The receiver is a major portion of the weight of the M82A1.
An M-60 style adjustable bipod is fitted to the M82A1's lower receiver, which also incorporates an M16A2 style pistol grip and safety catch. Magazines hold 10 rounds and are retained by a Kalashnikov style release catch. The cocking handle is integral to the bolt carrier, and the bolt has a recessed triangular head with three locking lugs, a plunger type ejector, and conventional claw extractor.
Guns are disassembled or field stripped by extracting two crosspins from the right side of the receiver (one forward of the magazine and one adjacent to the butt plate). The bolt carrier is pulled back to unlock the breech, the upper receiver rotated upwards, and the bolt released. The upper receiver is then detached and the bolt and carrier removed.
. In case of scope failure, emergency iron sights are provided on the upper receiver, which also sports a folding handle for ease in carrying the rifle. The foresight is hooded and the rear aperture sight is fully adjustable for windages and elevation from 100 to 1,500 meters. Magazines are Teflon coated inside and out to provide smoother functioning in sandy environments and the throat has been opened up to afford better clearance should dirt lodge in the chamber, which is chrome plated.

CHOOSE BLACK OR GREEN COLOR(green=extra $250.00).
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the price tag on that puppy, and what is the technical name for the 20 mm ammunition 20x? used by NATO?

Last edited by Clay Pigeon on Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Pigeon wrote:
Whats the price tag on that puppy?

10k usa plus carry a ATF licence
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Doe wrote:
Did I reply with some of my toys yet?

Mine would make JD cry.. and I will post all my pistol, riflesl and explosives. All this will be posted when the ATF, FBI, and state cops look at mu love of a lisence.
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need an ATF liscence for 50cal now too? Oh, and what is the technical name for 20mm used by nato? 20x?
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as40-e.htm

try this link for 20 mm and the weapons description. There is no name like the rifle rounds. They come in 20mm...then different names for what each round does.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: