FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Scripts and stuff
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omega_initiative

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I was wondering, some people can give the amount of health and armor they have left after a fight, how do you bind that to a key???? I also saw how a spy informs the team on what he disguised into using a binded key, how do you do that? In general, I am asking how do you bind keys to say something that will vary, like names of players?

Hope this is not too complicated.

[ This Message was edited by: omega_initiative on 2002-01-09 14:53 ]
Bubba

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

type this

bind ] "say_team Health %h - Armour %a"
and if you want to tell everybody (for dule purpose only) bind ] "say health %h - armour %a" and they syp thing is at a wbe site not dure what addy is but i just stumbled on to it if i find it ill give it to you
stupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets say you are mulching and want one of those nifty health / armor binds, here is what ya do:
bind x "say my health is %h and my armor is %a, nice fight %i"
just replace x with whatever key you want to bind. so when you hit x, it will look like this "my health is 100 and my armor is 200, nice fight Omega_Initiative".
I have a spy script like the one you are describing, I'm at work right now so I cant see how I have it set up, when I get home I will post it on here.
omega_initiative

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bubba,

But that only answer one of my questions, what about the other one. Anybody?

[ This Message was edited by: omega_initiative on 2002-01-09 15:41 ]
Bubba

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

%i will do player you last saw and wait a minute and ill find the spy script
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

%l - replaced with your current location
%p - replaced with the location you're looking at
$c - replaced with your current class

Here is some stuff you can use on the Neo-Tf servers.
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a question to the admins.

Are all scripts illegal at TV, or just some?
Bubba

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across this one script that was a circle straffer .. i didnt even mess wiht it cuz i knew if i did peopel would say ... THIS GUYS IS DOING CIRCLES AROUND ME WHAT A CHEATER!!!!
Bubba

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry man the site i saw that script at is not up right now.
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out tfc.pcgame (I don't have the exact URL, but do a search on that in Google and it will come right up) for lots of good console info.

Be aware, some scripts are considered cheating here. This came up once before and generated a heated discussion. I'm not an admin, but I believe Rob's decision was any script that allows you to do something that you could not do through normal keys and mouse moves, is illegal. Scripts that just automate things you can do yourself anyway seemed to be acceptable. (so no scripts that build sgs super fast or allow medics to infect from a distance...etc) Check the server rules for the final word.

Some folks really didn't like the advantage that any scripts provide, so I have removed all my scripts except rocket jump (couldn't stand to give that one up). I had that circle strafe script, but I got rid of it. It may not be illegal, but it seemed unfair to me. Besides, I never used it anyway

If you play on a Punkbuster server, the rocket jump script on tfc.pcgame will generate a violation warning. Email me and I can tell you how to edit it so it is punkbuster compliant.

FingerDemon
stupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here is the deal for my spy config....
I have three files in the Seirra/tfc directory for this script, spy.cfg, espy.cfg, and fspy.cfg.
-----------------------------
spy.cfg
-----------------------------
echo SPY CONFIG LOADED

say_team [GOING SPY]

//Fake your death
alias fake0 "discard;wait;dropitems;wait;feign;wait;bind h fake1"
alias fake1 "feign;wait;bind h fake0"
bind "h" fake0

//Fake your death
alias fake10 "discard;wait;dropitems;wait;sfeign;wait;bind j fake11"
alias fake11 "sfeign;wait;bind j fake10"
bind "j" fake10

exec fspy.cfg

--------------------------------
fspy.cfg
--------------------------------
echo *** FRIENDLY DISGUISES LOADED ***

bind KP_INS "exec espy.cfg"
bind KP_END spy_scout
bind KP_DOWNARROW spy_sniper
bind KP_PGDN spy_soldier
bind KP_LEFTARROW spy_demo
bind KP_5 spy_medic
bind KP_RIGHTARROW spy_hwg
bind KP_HOME spy_pyro
bind KP_UPARROW spy_spy
bind KP_PGUP spy_engie

alias spy_scout "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as a FRIENDLY SCOUT - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 2 1 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_sniper "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as a FRIENDLY SNIPER - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 2 2 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_soldier "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as a FRIENDLY SOLDIER - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 2 3 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_demo "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as a FRIENDLY DEMOMAN - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 2 4 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_medic "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as a FRIENDLY MEDIC - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 2 5 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_hwg "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as a FRIENDLY HW GUY - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 2 6 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_pyro "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as a FRIENDLY PYRO - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 2 7 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_spy "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as a FRIENDLY SPY - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 2 8 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_engie "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as a FRIENDLY ENGINEER - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 2 9 1; -commandmenu"

---------------------------
espy.cfg
---------------------------
echo *** ENEMY DISGUISES LOADED ***

bind KP_INS "exec fspy.cfg"
bind KP_END spy_scout
bind KP_DOWNARROW spy_sniper
bind KP_PGDN spy_soldier
bind KP_LEFTARROW spy_demo
bind KP_5 spy_medic
bind KP_RIGHTARROW spy_hwg
bind KP_HOME spy_pyro
bind KP_UPARROW spy_spy
bind KP_PGUP spy_engie

alias spy_scout "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as an ENEMY SCOUT - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 1 1 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_sniper "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as an ENEMY SNIPER - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 1 2 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_soldier "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as an ENEMY SOLDIER - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 1 3 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_demo "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as an ENEMY DEMOMAN - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 1 4 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_medic "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as an ENEMY MEDIC - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 1 5 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_hwg "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as an ENEMY HW GUY - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 1 6 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_pyro "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as an ENEMY PYRO - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 1 7 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_spy "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as an ENEMY SPY - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 1 8 1; -commandmenu"
alias spy_engie "say_team [SPY] - I am disguising as an ENEMY ENGINEER - [%hh||%aa]; +commandmenu 7 1 9 1; -commandmenu"

-----------------------
what all this crap does
-----------------------

If you take all of these files and place them in you Sierra/tfc directory they should work. It does several things for you. If you hit "h" or "j" you will feign (with grunt) or sfeign (without grunt) respectively. Also, and this is most of the meat of the above script, you will be able to disguise and communicate your disguise to your team in a single keystroke. So, to toggle between the enemy and friendly disguises I would hit "enter" on the keypad. When you hit enter it should echo back if you have loaded enemy or friendly disguises. Once you have selected enemy for friendly disguise you can use the numbers 1-9 on the keypad to disguise as any class class. One thing to keep in mind is you need to set:
setinfo "ec" ="1"

in your config.cfg so that it automatically loads your class cfg when you choose spy, thus avoiding having to exec the cfg manually everytime you want to play spy.

-------------------

Please note that this is not cheating, you can do the exact same thing by using the gui menu that comes with the game, I just find it more organized this way, and it also helps to keep your team from shooting you in disguise because you tell them what you are disguising as.

Sorry if thats vague, let me know if you have any questions.

edit: is there a way you can use the backslash character on these forums, I cant seem to get it to show up so I replaced it with forward slash.

[ This Message was edited by: stupid on 2002-01-09 16:54 ]
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try \ since the acts as an escape character.

I actually entered 4 backslashes and then 2 to get that printout. Each time you edit the post you loose a backslash.

[ This Message was edited by: CyCoDad on 2002-01-09 17:27 ]
LilBigCip

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm Stupid I think your feinging+drop ammo script is illegal here.

Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that the same as dropping a pack when you feign death?
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can I use a script that combines duck+jump for me??

I saw a script like that and wondered if i could use it???
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: