FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DoD demo replaying

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grunty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: DoD demo replaying Reply with quote

When I use the viewdemo command, the first time I try to hit escape to get to the controls, DoD quits. Well, about one third of the time anyway. The other two thirds of the time the demo works. And its not always the same demos that make the game quit. It just seems to be wildly unstable. I'm I doing soething wrong or it it like this for everybody?
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try playdemo.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of hitting esc you should hit the key right below it, what ever it is called . It will drop your console down. Then just type stop and it should stop playing. I know that some people have the esc key set up for quit and that shuts everything down.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to view a demo in console you would type viewdemo then the name of the .dem file right??...just wondering because i can`t get it to work.Wanted to check out that vid of the cheaterposted in another thread.

RIP- BlueRuler
Ten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viewdemo was pretty much unusable in 1.1, in 1.2 it's just a little touchy, but it works. It's much better than playdemo since you can rewind, fast forward, slow mo... etc.

Make sure you don't have any other Steam windows up and running while you're playing the demo - even the demo list when you press the eject button on the viewdemo toolbar.

Once the demo starts playing, leave it alone for a bit. When I play mine, they run at about 20 FPS for a minute or so. This is because the demo is being loaded as it runs, kind of like streaming video. After a minute it jumps back to your normal FPS, and usually there you can press escape to use the toolbar.

Sometimes it will crash when you press escape for the first time, but if you wait long enough it shouldn't. When you're moving the slider forward and backward don't move it to fast or don't click on any part of it where the slider isn't. Just move it back and forth without going buck choy and it should work fine.

Oh, and you have to stop and record again when you change maps. Whenever a round ends, your demo ends. It may say that it's recording but it isn't, just type "stop" and then record the new demo.

But sometimes computers with low specs record crappy demos. Sometimes they're sort of corrupt or really choppy. I haven't had a problem since I upgraded, demos usually run over 99 FPS.

And Smegs, viewdemo will only play .dem files in this directory - C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\youremailaddy\day of defeat\dod. Make sure that's where you put it.
Grunty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiat ok i will try that thanks .. let u know if it works for me, shiat thats alot to play a dam demo

RIP- BlueRuler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: