FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ATI Driver questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
`RaphX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: ATI Driver questions Reply with quote

My wife's computer has a Radeon 9200 SE (ATI, not Sapphire or anything else, AFAIK), and the default drivers are 6.14.10.6360 that came on the cd she got with the computer last year.

However, whenever we try to update the drivers, things seem to go wrong. Last time, I think I tried putting on Catalyst 3.8 drivers, which caused graphics to disappear completely from the games, so I could even see menu entries.
This time, my wife tried installing Catalyst Windows XP 4.7, which caused menus to appear really slowly (like right-clicking on the desktop, and the favourites menu). So she used Microsoft's roll-back option (including putting in the cd from last year). Strangely though, whenever my wife tries to start up a game of Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic, the computer will automatically reset and restart.

Is there anything we can do to remedy this? What drivers should we be downloading to make Windows and games work well? And, once we've done so, which of the several thousand configurations that appear to be available should we use?

The ones on both our cds (I got my own computer with 9800 Pro last month with 6.14.10.6414) seem to have a different driver system (hence the 6.14 etc instead of 3.8/4,7), suggesting that we're getting the wrong kind of drivers

Thanks
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)Download the latest Cat drivers

2)Download the the Cat Uninstaller http://www2.ati.com/drivers/cat-uninstaller.exe and run the program.

3)Install the new driver (note there are two parts to this installation) After you run the first part and your system reboots completing the first part, go to C:\ATI\wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-02-040515a-015958c directory and click the red setup.exe>This is the second part that installs your ATI Control Panel.

After this is done it will reboot. That is it! Go to display/settings/Advanced
Display and select under the option Scheme Default Monitor.

Configure your Display settings 1024x768 or what ever you like.

Hope this helped
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: