FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TOO MUCH PING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-=Morpheus=-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: TOO MUCH PING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Its a PINGoRama in the servers for me is there something I can do to limit how much I ping in the games? I mean were talking like pings of like 635 to 800 during game play and its limiting how well I perform in the games too..... its really frustrating
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's your connection speed?
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and your computer specs. Also, your current setting for rate, cl_rate, cl_updaterate, and cl_cmdrate. More info would be useful if you want us to help.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
-=Morpheus=-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Ping Help Reply with quote

I have a cable connection which has always given me a ping of 85 to 93 in the past my current rate setting is 500 I think thats the default anyway. Hope this helps a bit...

my cl_cmdrate is 30

my cl_updaterate is 20

I can't find out my cl_rate cause I can't connect to the servers because it times out on me

yeah also the security module used to take 15-16 sec's to d/l but now it takes up to a minute please help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this happen on every server? Is your internet in general running slower than it should? Is your computer running slow? Are you running out of memory?

More info please

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
-=Morpheus=-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: PING PING Reply with quote

the timing out situation was probably a memory issue cause I restarted and it loaded fine but...the security module still took more than a minute to d/l

yes it generally happens on every server

I found out my cl_rate is 9999.0 whatever that means

if there is anything that I can manual change in the console to help my ping I would be greatful or any tips on what toi do?????
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into steam and click on settings check the internet tab and see what your internet connection speed is set at. I know in the past it reset mine to 14.4 and I have DSL and it slowed everything down. make sure it is set correctly.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
PondScum007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ow ur colors hurt my eyes ;p

ur rate of 500 is probbably the culprit, steam probbably reset the sonnection speed setting to 14.4 rate as stutter said, also check ur netgraph to see if you are getting any choke/loss...
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's just on one server you might want to do a trace route to see if you have a bad hop.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Netgraph Reply with quote

I looked at my steam settings and it was set to 14.4 so....that might be some of it

do you just type netgraph into the console
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do you just type netgraph into the console

type net_graph 3 in console.

With steam set at 14.4 that was prob the biggest culprit. My pings were 300 - 400, when I changed it back things went back to normal 80 - 120. Good luck.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
-=Morpheus=-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: More Info and Thanks Reply with quote

the net_graph read zero so I don't know what that means but everything loaded up with great speed after resetting my steam settings to a DSL connection instead of 14.4

Thanks to all who offered possible solutions to my problem I love THE VILLE for this very reason everybody helps everybody when it comes to technical problems
Gurrg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

change net_graph to 3
e.g. net_graph 3 in console

this will show you fps too, as well with loss/choke like pond said.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
-=Morpheus=-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Settings and Levels Reply with quote

What are the best settings for all the things:

cl_rate

cl_cmdrate

cl_updaterate

rate w/ a cable connection

My choke increases as I play and move through the map but I never have a loss it stays at zero

anything else that I can do or change for a better playing experience
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rate will give you the best results IMO. My cable I have set to 9999.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: