FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Ville VII DOD1.3b?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: The Ville VII DOD1.3b? Reply with quote

What do you guys think ? would you play there if the ville 7 became a 1.3b server? I have all the installs and I would love to play some Oslo, seg3 or Cherbourg again. What do you guys think?
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
@RoYaL PuTz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.3b would be real cool i think i loved 1.3b :hb: :hb: rock on :drinking: i miss the hill and omaha
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might actually bring some traffic to the server. Or it could go the direct opposite way...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been around for that...whats different with thta!?!?!?!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hoop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you see you install DoD 1.3b on your PC and since it doesnt invovle steam I think your ok, If it gives problems just change your old DoD folder name to DodZZ or soemthing so it reads the 1.3b file. If it doesnt bring traffic what does it matter the damn thing is quieter then a hybrid at 4PM. Of course we need more people to freakin respond
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only use steam....
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would actually admin it. We don't need anymore admins for DOD and which admins would actually reinstall to keep the server llamafree??

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install it to the Half-Life folder and you can run from the third-party list.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if someone wants to do it, ill think about letting them set it up (not as tv7, but as like tv7.5) and if it works then it can take over as tv7. lemme know.
Hoop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can admin even though you guys dont know me that well, but i used to run a server for a year during 1.3b. It was twin cities LEET, my old clan server. Ive got experience and believe in the code of slap, slay, kick ban.

However no experience in Setting up servers, I nominate STEVO
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like TV7 as it is. It is perfect for special events because it is not always crowded like tv 1,4, and 5 are. I view it as the successor to BRN's old private server that was passworded "accelerated" or something like that. (Im old and my memory is failing).

The administration issue is also pertinent, as there would always have to be an on call admin capable of accessing the server. IMHO it is hard enough to find an admin for the steam DoD servers at times (without resorting to using the complaint dept). Adding a non-steam server would just make it worse.

Disclaimer:
My comments do not necessarily reflect the beliefs of anyone.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: