FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pub-X guide to joining and playing clan matches (long)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Pub-X guide to joining and playing clan matches (long) Reply with quote

ok!
Pub-X (Pub Extreme Gamers) is officially born.
I entered us in the Ultimate Gamers League (UGL) DoD open division.

roster spots are ulimited as far as i can tell, so anyone who reads these forums and plays on the ville servers is welcome to sign up.

SIGNING UP FOR THE TEAM

1) go to the ugl website and click on "join the ugl"

2) fill out the form they have there
*hotmail may cause problems...if you have no other account go ahead and use hotmail and be sure to check your junk folder. if it doesnt work pm me and i'll get it sorted out
*to find your steamID, join a game and type "status" into the console. next to your name will be your steamID. also you can check on theville dod stats page, it will have your steamid listed there as well.

3) log in to the ugl website and under account details it should have the option to join a team (i have no way to test this so just try to figure it out yourself, i'll edit this post later if need be). make sure you're looking in the DoD open division and search for Pub Extreme Gamers. the team password is "blue"
*note: rosters are locked at certain times of the week to prevent clans from adding people right before the match. it should be open starting on friday and all weekend for sure

edit:
After logging on, click on "Divisions" on the left-hand side, select "Day of Defeat Open", wait, select "Pub Extreme Gamers", enter password.

LEAGUE RULES
i browsed through them and picked out the ones that are most important for you guys as players.

10. Team Composition
Matches are of the 6 vs. 6 format.

14a. Sportsmanship
Clans that do not display proper sportsmanship towards other clans will be considered for expulsion. Activities that would warrant this consideration include excessive public spamming and abuse (in-game), and public defilement of other clans. Any abusive, racist, vulgar remarks or harassment used in public chat in or out of matches are grounds for expulsion.
*I think this goes without saying but as long as you're representing the clan and the ville, try to act maturely at all times, even if the opposing clan is retarded

15. Typed Communication
The CO for a given match is the only member of the team who is allowed to use all talk (message mode 1 or mm1). This rule applies for the duration of the match.
*this rule isnt strictly enforced, ie your're allowed to say "good luck" and whatnot. in general though, leave the pregame talking to the leader, and never say anything to the other team during the match

16. Rules of Play
All players will use the default models. Any player caught not using these will subject his team to a forfeit loss as well as possible further actions/penalties.

All players will use the default sprites, textures, sounds, etc. Please install the latest version of DoD and leave the files alone; no replacement files are to be used. Any player caught not using these, will subject his team to a forfeit loss as well as possible further actions/penalties.
*ok i know alot of you have custom content for dod. even though you arent trying to get an unfair advantage by having it, strictly speaking its against league rules. most likely no one will accuse us of cheating in a low level league match, so i'm leaving this risk up to you guys.

Weapon models will be active at all times. The variable r_drawviewmodel must be set to on or 1. Any player caught using this incorrectly will subject his team to a forfeit loss as well as possible further actions/penalties.

Each team will need to have at minimum 2 screen shots per round from 2 different players. These will be, one at the beginning and one at the end showing scores and players.
*see the section on proper screenshots below

Every player is required to record 2 demos per match; 1 from each round. HLTV demos are not acceptable replacements as there are known issues with the representation.
*to record a demo, type in console "record nameofdemo" you may want to come up with a standard naming process like "record ugl_anzio_opponent_allies". start your demo before the match begins, and end it upon completion of the game (type "stop")

26. Screen Shots
All players are to take screen shots from the match. The correct way to do this is listed below. The screen shots can be zipped to speed upload (encouraged) but must be in the original bitmap format, and retain the creation data stamp.

1. Each player must take two screen shots at the start of the half.
a. Screen shot will show primary weapon out
b. Net_Graph must be on in the screen shots
c. One screen shot will show the score board (hold tab while taking screen shot)
2. Snipers are required to have an additional screen shot showing their scope zoomed in.
This will mean 4 screen shots per player (6 if you are a sniper) per match.
*generally before the match both teams will meet in the middle of the map for screenshots. when the time comes, dont shoot anyone just go there and get a ss.
*note: leagues now make you have your minimap on for the screen shot as an extra safeguard (evidently some cheats disrupt the minimap somehow).
*here is a sample pic of what a screenshot should look like and everything that should be in it.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/kevinhorst/sampless.jpg
^copy and paste that link into your browser if you want to see it

ok. that was probably a lot of info to soak in but dont worry it becomes second nature after a while. also i seriously doubt anyone will be accused of cheating so if you miss a ss or demo its not the end of the world.

ask if you have any questions.

GENERAL INFO OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD

-matches are 2 20 minute rounds. one as allies and one as axis.

-home team plays on their server, away team chooses which side first

-we can use my clan's private server for matches, its all set up and ready to go and its chicago-based like the ville

-friendly fire is on

-class limits are in effect:
1 sniper
1 mg
2 heavy auto
2 kars and 1 k43 for axis
3 garands for allies
unlimited light auto i think

-in general we will try to work out a strategy for each map. you will most likely choose a specific weapon and go the same general route every time u spawn

-matches are on thurdays at 8:00 central time. the map rotation for the rest of the season:
dod_anzio (next thursday)
dod_northbound
dod_saints
dod_harrington
dod_donner
dod_chemille
dod_railroad original

-all custom maps and league files can be obtained at http://www.netdod.gamerpc.net/

whew that's enough for now i'll edit this post if i think of anything to add

Last edited by clone rizzo on Thu May 27, 2004 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bonez

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a lot...well i'm ready to sign up, but you can't atm.

About the custom sprites etc. i have a custom crosshair, but that's easy to change...i also have custom sounds...i can change those if i really have to, but unlike other custom sprites, you can't really prove that someone is using custom sounds right? Just curious...i like my grenade bounce noise, but i can change everything back to default if needed.
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Pub-X guide to joining and playing clan matches (long) Reply with quote

clone rizzo wrote:
SIGNING UP FOR THE TEAM
3) log in to the ugl website and under account details it should have the option to join a team (i have no way to test this so just try to figure it out yourself, i'll edit this post later if need be). make sure you're looking in the DoD open division and search for Pub Extreme Gamers. the team password is "blue"
*note: rosters are locked at certain times of the week to prevent clans from adding people right before the match. it should be open starting on friday and all weekend for sure...

After logging on, click on "Divisions" on the left-hand side, select "Day of Defeat Open", wait, select "Pub Extreme Gamers", enter password.

Registration is currently... I dunno, check for yourself!

Also, we'll need to decide tag style, so we can register our in game names.

One of:

PubX
Pub-X
PX

and one of:

-= =-
{ }
[ ]
< >
/ /
\ \
/ \
\ /
. .
# #

I don't care, and I doubt anyone else does, but I think I'll leave it to Rizzo, out of respect for all the work he's done so far for us.

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.

Last edited by EvilGenius on Fri May 28, 2004 7:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
BAzly

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sign up tommorrow.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

custom xhairs are legal in most leagues i think they are in ugl too. you're right sounds are probably fine. like i said, ethically i dont have a problem with it unless you're trying to get an unfair advantage

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilGenius wrote:
Also, we'll need to decide tag style, so we can register our in game names.

When you first register, you register your name without any tags. Unless you are talking about something else?
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh, you're right. What I meant to say is "...so we can set our in-game names in the Member Options".

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow was just browsing and man did not realize so many rules,overwhelming for an average player like myself. not to sound to stupid but can u spectate/hltv some of these matches to see if competition is me kinda thing. i would like to try but wow.

RIP- BlueRuler
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha its really not too bad. the rules are set up for higher level competition where hacking is a constant concern. some of the teams we play against may not even care about ss and demos, i dont know. basically you go in the server, when everyone's there you meet and everyone takes ss, then starts recording a demo, then the match starts.

now this procedure will often be interupted by some idiot from the other team who didnt get the memo and just kills everyone

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't what u are doing kinda like clan avertisement???? i thought u weren't allowed to do that here...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer KoolAid Man wrote:
isn't what u are doing kinda like clan avertisement???? i thought u weren't allowed to do that here...

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17592
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer KoolAid Man wrote:

this isnt really clan advertisement - its more on open call for all villuns who want to compete. no one is trying to take members away from theville or anything =)
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dod villuns ... that would've been a good name

ok anyone who's checking up on this thread- i'll be afk till sunday (goin' home to see my #1 gal ) start signing up and recruit other ville players if they maybe haven't heard about it yet. and think of ideas for anzio!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says registration is locked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
i-sux/r1pp3r

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

can u tell us who is in the "team" as of right now?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: