FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I am terrible at DoD 1.2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: I am terrible at DoD 1.2 Reply with quote

Is it just me or are player kills to deaths not as high anymore? Looking around on scoreboards, I'm not seeing really terrible scores or really good scores, everyone's kind of doing the same.

Or could this just be that lots of good players are playing more often and filling the servers since they wanna test 1.2 out?

I dunno, but I'm under 2.00 for yesterday and today. This hasn't happened to me for months.
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im under 0.10. ive been sucking alot at dod recently since i started up with coh.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense to me. It will take a few weeks for everyone to get used to it and the stats will go back up.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more terrible <3

I think the reason K is down now is because everything registers more and guns are more balanced.

I did manage to get keep a 3:1 score on avalanche tonight for about 20 minutes, but eventually I lost it and finished at 2:1.

BTW sorry at whoever I outbursted at in that Donner game. Sometimes I go into really bad slumps and gets frustrated. I guess I'm doing better now than I was in 1.1 so when i don't do well it hurts more or something.
Ten

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first half of Donner was great, but the second just sucked. Getting pinned down like that is such a pain in the ass. I don't like it when I can't get out of the Allied half of the map. :\ Donner's always been one of my worst maps, but the swankified Garand helps. But I was hitting NOTHING with my grenades - ever. Oh, actually Axis is much easier for me at least. The friggin' Suze building is exploited a lot by Axis while the Allies don't really have anything similar.

I think you're right Mr. Dig, but I'm wondering how I managed to cheat death so often before despite the fact that some weapons weren't as good as they are now. And god do I ever make a lot of 74 damage MP44 wounds without killing anyone, jeez.
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, the garand can be pretty weird now. In the avalanche game I was raping ass with it. Every shot was 120, I was moving around and killing stuff everywhere. I even got rizzo (who was there) in midair, but then later he went kar and abused me I think the console command he gave me really helped. I was fiddling with my interp all night.

When I said the hitboxes suck on donner, it was weird. I shot this kar guy square in the chest, no arms up or anything and got 90 dmg. Of course he killed me a second later. Stuff like that doesn't happen as often anymore but it's still there to some extent. The two spots where the arm blocking happens most are when you try and hit snipers (who shoulder their rifle right over the chest and head) and when someone crouches and fires. All and all the garand is way better now. The 3 or 4 kills in 2 seconds that I can get now never happened in 1.1.
Hoop

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im at 1.99 KpD but on big servers ur KpD will be lower
Ten

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoop wrote:
im at 1.99 KpD but on big servers ur KpD will be lower

What are you trying to say? I've got a lot of experience of deciphering oddly worded posts, but this one kills me.

Last edited by Ten on Thu May 20, 2004 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoop

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kills per death
Ten

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm asking what it is you're trying to say in that post.

Okay, nevermind. I get it now, I didn't understand why you were talking about your own K : D on other servers and commenting on why someone's K : D is lower on larger ones. That's... really not what the thread is aboot.
Hoop

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no on this server its 1.99 what im saying is on a 32 person DoD server if you are a team player and go for flags your score will suck. If u camp it will be a good score. More people playing harder it gets.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet Zener wrote:
im under 0.10. ive been sucking alot at dod recently since i started up with coh.

heh, that makes two of us.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoop wrote:
no on this server its 1.99 what im saying is on a 32 person DoD server if you are a team player and go for flags your score will suck. If u camp it will be a good score. More people playing harder it gets.

this is pretty true. i cant stand camping for more than 2 seconds so more often then not i just run out there like a tard and die. oh well stats might not be great but it beats camping one window with an mg for 30 min

as to the thread there's always a little period of time where some people adapt to the new game and others dont so much. this happened alot in the transition from 3.1 to 1.0 so many people still talk about the good old days and jumpshooting and whatnot but the fact is the game is changing and the players have to change too.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't noticed any significant change in my level of play since 1.2 came out.

Oh wait. That's b/c I'm stuck at home and can't play.

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed to me that the BAR is not registering as much as it used to for me. Another guy was complaining about it too, even though he was doing better than anyone. Maybe I'm just a little rusty, but it a lot of time I thought i put 3 shots into a guy and he kills me with one and i do 67 damage to him. It could be that my ping was 150 yesterday, but I thought I was getting screwed a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: