FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TFC is NEVER going to die

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Team Fortress Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: TFC is NEVER going to die Reply with quote

Although I have personally lost all hope of Half-Life 2 coming out, it is still scheduled for this summer I think. Whenever it does come out, I'm going to buy it the first day.

Now, Valve has announced that old HL mods like TFC will be ported into Half-Life 2, meaning another 5 years of FUN! Imagine TFC with suped up graphics and physics. I'm creaming my pants I'm so happy.

For further reading/clarification I have copy/pasted a post from another forum:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, I have to recap a bit of history that sometimes gets mangled up.
TF was made by a group of guys for Q1. Many of you loved this game, and certainly when valve wanted to give its mod community a big boost, they said, let's hire these guys, to give us more of a mod perspective, and also because they just plain kick ass. They were called sell outs by many. For going from making a game for free and giving it away for free.... to making a game for a living and giving it away for free.

Upon getting hired, valve as another kind of `thank you' said, ok, get your hands dirty, get familiar with the HL engine, and make tf for hl. This is TFC. Have you ever done a project, then thought, `If ever I could do this again, I would do it _this_ way?'. That's TFC. Made by the people who made TF, the way they wanted it.

TF2 is a completely different game. Rather then being a PORT of tf/tfc, it was designed from the start to be the next logical step. Taking elements from the TF universe and applying them in a different context, in a new way. At the time, before the market was flooded with WW games/mods, this was its theme, as a stand-alone game based on the hl engine (like blue shift).

After E3, it was obvious that this just wasnt good enough. Just another HL game, and to really do what they wanted with TF2, and CS2 (which goose has worked on since cs1.0 came out, he hasnt touched cs since then), a new engine would be needed. HL2 also needed a new engine. So they shelved TF2, CS2, HL2 -- and made a new engine. That was done around 2-3 years ago, at which point focus once again focussed mostly on HL2, but also progress resumed on TF2 and CS2. We don't know anything about TF2 or CS2 anymore, other then their still in development, and their games on their own, not mods for HL2 (at least this is what has been said).

So what's TF:source? Just like CS:source and DOD:source, it is taking the current HL mods, and moving them to a new platform, hl2. It is the SAME game. Just a graphic update, and maybe while their at it, they'll make some other games, especially since the physics might change some dynamics of the games.

What does this mean for TFC? Well, it means all the people who arent touching hl right now because its graphics are old, and who will pick up hl2 for another 2-3 years, will get to try out TFC once again, and this is good.

This means more people will be playing TF on HL2, because it will be refreshed, seem more new. Yes the game is bound to change on the new engine. But not in the way TF2 is a new game. TF:source will still keep the same ideas, and the same goals. The mods are being ported to HL2 as a `thank you' to the whole hl community. If this isnt an indication of valve recognizing all that TF has done for them, I don't know what is.

For one, I can't wait!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg that will be awesome... maby we can finally get avantiville maxed out every night.... maby...

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so a sum of that is saying, that tfc now will be the same game, in general, only updated graphics and all that good stuff.....SWEET

i don't want the game to change much, but enough for people to play again.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice TFC on hl2 engine
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome!

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFC is teh rox, I can't wait

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha and thats what you will do is...wait....and wait...and wait...

I do hope they get it together!
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurrg wrote:
so a sum of that is saying, that tfc now will be the same game, in general, only updated graphics and all that good stuff.....SWEET

I imagine the maps will be much more elaborate and interactive too. Can you imagine the map-making possibilities?

Seriously, who cares about TF2 anymore. There will be a huge influx of new TFC players once HL2 hits the shelves.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still kickin!!!!!!!
Gurrg

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be soooo weird seeing people play tfc

it's bad when you know what the bot is gonna do next

The sniper on avanti always by cp2, stupid and the engy's are just ugly when building sgs, takes em 29 tries usually, but yea, off topic.

i can't wait, but i will knowing how they handle things.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Team Fortress Classic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: