FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Half Life 1.0.0.8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the main page and saw the new patch and the features and noticed something, BUNNY HOPPING REMOVED. Is this based on frequency of jumps or is it based on hopping more than twice in a row or what? Some1 please clear this up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno bout the bunny hopping, but this news of 1.08 is bad news for me. I run TFC of a cracked version of Half-Life after my CD was ruined...When 1.07 came out I could no longer play Opposing Forces, Blue Shift, Or Half-Life because It messed up the exe's trying to update, not only that but it's not 1.07, I'm still on 1.06. SO when 1.08 tries to update TFC and sees I don't have a valid version, Good Bye Me.
That sucks royally, I guess I'm going to have to actually buy Half-Life again.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunny hopping is a way to gain high speed and cover ground beyond the intended range of each class by exploiting a bug. Not sure how they do this but it envolves strafe right jump strafe left jump ect. I'm Probably wrong on the method but it's something like that. There are maps dedicated to practicing and competing using the Bunny hop. Killerroof and I have visited a few and they are mostly large flat runs that you can merrily run down, if you know how. You can probably find them yourself but the few we visited didn't like visitors and kicked us when we were watching and trying to learn what/how they were doing. Note: at the time I had no idea there was even a thing called bunny hopping.

BoneHead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER is right about the technique used to bunny hop.

To gain the maximum benefit out of it, you will want to propel yourself much faster than you would normally be able to do by running. In the same way that a concussion grenade, or normal grenade can send you flying across the map at high speeds, you will want to use such devices to propel yourself in preparation for Bunny Hopping. So, as a medic for example, use the conc nade to boost your speed, then as you are landing from the initial jump, press a strafe left or right key and jump key(don't use the forward key). This will have the effect of maintaining your high velocity for the time that you remain in the air. If you can do another B-Hop in succession, you can actually keep moving at that speed until you mess up or something/someone stops you. The timing is really tricky on each B-Hop and your initial jump should be coordinated to provide you with a maximum speed boost. Since you wont be used to navigating the map at such high speeds, it will take lots of practice to be able to B-Hop around anything but flat terrain. You can control the direction the same way that you might control your mid-flight jump direction.I have seen some players B-Hop as fast with a HW guy as they can with a Scout. Its all a matter of how good you are at squeezing the most speed out of your nades/rockets.

This is perhaps one of the most difficult skills... er exploits to
master in TFC. Its legal in most league play, but most public players would call it a cheat because they have never seen anyone move so fast. Just remember, speed cheats take no skill and the cheater will be running. B-Hopping takes lots of skill and the expert player will be jumping as he moves.

ice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhop is way of gaining speed with only using the strafe ,i have seen a hw get going faster than a scout using this,twink can back me up also on that ...i havent ever seen anyone bhop on ville server,so i wouldnt think this would effect are group of guys that much..my 2 cents
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often I see bunny hoppers get the error in punkbuster sv_bounce violation, is that part of bunny hopping?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: