FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
lol scripts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol im going for the knifing award

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROFLOCTOPUS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Hawk wrote:
That is funny considering that atleast on TV3 I have scrips blocked. Not sure if they are blocked on TV2 though. Some people are just simply whiners since they can not learn to do stuff on their own they think that everyone else uses scripts and that is the only way anyone could be better than them

the only commands that are stopped are abusive scripts such as _special.

hud_fastswtich is NOT abusive, therefore it is NOT blocked.

alias +slot2 "hud_fastswitch 1; slot2"
alias -slot2 "slot1; hud_fastswitch 0"
bind "put the key you want it to be right here" +slot2

alias +slot3 "hud_fastswitch 1; slot3"
alias -slot3 "slot1; hud_fastswitch 0"
bind "put the key you want it to be right here" +slot3

hold it down to have the weapon drawn, release to switch back to primary weapon.

there you go. simple as that.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I was about to ask how you could block all scripts. You'd have a hard time achieving that when all of HL's commands are written with the same code.

Scripts aren't cheats (in my book anyway). The ones I endorse are only helpful assets to your gameplaying ability--they don't play the game for you. You can do them as fast manually as scripted.

It wouldn't be too hard to time a script just right (blink-swipe combo...I have no clue what that is, but from the sound of things you have to time it just right?). One command you can use in script making is "delay" (kind of obvious what that does). So long as you know how short or long you need the delay to be, put more or less delay commands in. I'd say it would take 5 minutes max if you're slow, including testing it.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just switch my wepaons manually i can do it plenty fast thank you i can leap/bite as fast as the next script out there
ROFLOCTOPUS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but you see, I play with arrows. not that WASD <bleep>. so I have to model my keys around the arrows tbh.
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some scripts are cheats, some arent, or at least considered cheats. The build/det dispensor just combines two events into one key, not much of an advantage to it.

RJ script, I can do it just fine without it, but I'm lazy.

SG build then rotate script, same thing just combines it into one key instead of two keys.

bhop scripts I dislike, if ya cant do it without them, then you suxor.

IMO if it gives you an unfair advantage over another player, then the script is bad. (bhop script for example being bad)

As for NS scripts or DOD scripts, dont ask me, I dont play those mods so I dont know whats ok and whats not ok. Best to prob ask one of the admins or server ops thier feelings. Even better would be to drop Rob a line and ask for his approval. Just my opinion anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^ in response to blown...i hate scripts in ns....ifyoucantdoit yourself then dont play y doyou need something to help you out in a game? i hate scripts and never will accept them you can do it mannualy nearly as fast and you have more control play the game it was meant to be, if not...then i considerit cheating...use more hotkeyes if needed like weap switch i use mynumbers to switch faster then the mouse scroll
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your telling me having one key bound to build and det a dispensor is bad verses having g and h bound to do the same thing. So instead of moving my finger a little back and forth, I do it on the same key?

Like I said, I dont know what scripts would be useful in NS since I DONT PLAY IT. I was mearly trying to say ppl should ask someone like Rob or JD thier opinion on it if there is a question as to it being allowed. What you feel or someone else may feel is right or wrong may not fit 100% into what Rob wants. Ultimately IMO its his decision.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{db}Blown65 wrote:
So your telling me having one key bound to build and det a dispensor is bad verses having g and h bound to do the same thing. So instead of moving my finger a little back and forth, I do it on the same key?

Like I said, I dont know what scripts would be useful in NS since I DONT PLAY IT. I was mearly trying to say ppl should ask someone like Rob or JD thier opinion on it if there is a question as to it being allowed. What you feel or someone else may feel is right or wrong may not fit 100% into what Rob wants. Ultimately IMO its his decision.
iknow u dontplay it...i was taking care of the ns part for you iwasnt attackingyou sorry if the wording seemed that way
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

|SmK|ROFLOCTOPUS wrote:
but you see, I play with arrows. not that WASD <bleep>.

While scripts are allowed here, offensive language is not. "Crap" would suffice in this case.

This public service announcement brought to you by The Foundation for a Better Association of Tomorrow.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

|SmK|ROFLOCTOPUS wrote:
but you see, I play with arrows. not that WASD <bleep>. so I have to model my keys around the arrows tbh.

playing with WASD or arrows shouldn't make a difference. i also play with my arrowkeyes, and do not need any script. all i need is my fastswitch.
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 wrote:
|SmK|ROFLOCTOPUS wrote:
but you see, I play with arrows. not that WASD <bleep>.

While scripts are allowed here, offensive language is not. "Crap" would suffice in this case.

This public service announcement brought to you by The Foundation for a Better Association of Tomorrow.

LOL, oh big <bleep> deal. Cant you <bleep> and <bleep> your stuff at the <bleep> site.

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blown, go <bleep> yourself!

Don't make me get all <bleep> with you. I'll <bleep> that <bleep> right off your <bleep>.

You <bleep> <bleepin> <bleeeeet!>
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired

Last edited by Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 on Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ROFLOCTOPUS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
|SmK|ROFLOCTOPUS wrote:

playing with WASD or arrows shouldn't make a difference. i also play with my arrowkeyes, and do not need any script. all i need is my fastswitch.

i don't have enough keys that are close enough, so I use 1 standard one.
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

|SmK|ROFLOCTOPUS wrote:
cobra wrote:
|SmK|ROFLOCTOPUS wrote:

i don't have enough keys that are close enough, so I use 1 standard one.

stretch your fingers next time. sheesh.

excuses <bleep> excuses. #Fade in
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: