FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
lol scripts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: lol scripts Reply with quote

lol yesterday i was fading around in i think it was rebirth. and using teh classic blink swipe but i dont use scripts and would get one out of every 2 or 3 tries. well this one guy...forgot his name but he was getting pissed at me and saying thats why he hates servers that dont ban scripts because of the blink swipe combo. and i tried to tell him that i dont use scripts...pebs can vouch for that but he still didnt listen. anyways after a few more deaths he left...all i can say is that i thought it was really funny and i would share

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is funny considering that atleast on TV3 I have scrips blocked. Not sure if they are blocked on TV2 though. Some people are just simply whiners since they can not learn to do stuff on their own they think that everyone else uses scripts and that is the only way anyone could be better than them
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShenTraX
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yar... my super duper devour script r0x0rz....

wait.... scipt... no, i dont have one....

people swear i do..
NS World Author
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShenTraX wrote:

people swear i do..

Then I will use my super duper anti-devour script that so many people think I have. Of course if they knew how to devour in the first place they would not accuse me of using scripts and hacks. How hard is it to look down when devouring?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Hawk wrote:
ShenTraX wrote:

people swear i do..

Then I will use my super duper anti-devour script that so many people think I have. Of course if they knew how to devour in the first place they would not accuse me of using scripts and hacks. How hard is it to look down when devouring?

apparently its the hardest thing in the world for some

but yeah i mean come on that was teh first thing i learned how to do in ns was the blink swipe but no ppl call it a script #Fist dumbarses...anyways i just really thought it was funny

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ShenTraX
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've only heard of aim scripts, bunny hopping scripts... I've never heard of a blink/swipe script... and certainly never ebem thought someone would even bother with a devour script.....
its like focus for onos.... not a quick weapon
NS World Author
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um... i feel dumb (what's new), but what is a script? is it a cheat?

(if so, one can tell by my playing abilities (the lack thereof) that I do not cheat )

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
ShenTraX
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO] Mrs. Keyes wrote:

(if so, one can tell by my playing abilities (the lack thereof) that I do not cheat )

A script is a like a mini-program. Kind of like a l ist of events, or in this case keystrokes that you could find to a single key. e.g. if you hit one key, it would switch to weapon2, execute the attack key (to use the blink), then right after it does that it switches to weapon one and executes another attack. All of this is automated, with a single command or keystroke.

Basically it does all the work for you. Its a cheat... a way to have complex movements and actions automated to be done very quickly.

Anyways... thats the best i can explain it.
NS World Author
kubrick

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShenTraX wrote:
[HALO] Mrs. Keyes wrote:

A script is a like a mini-program. Kind of like a l ist of events, or in this case keystrokes that you could find to a single key. e.g. if you hit one key, it would switch to weapon2, execute the attack key (to use the blink), then right after it does that it switches to weapon one and executes another attack. All of this is automated, with a single command or keystroke.

Basically it does all the work for you. Its a cheat... a way to have complex movements and actions automated to be done very quickly.

Anyways... thats the best i can explain it.

I wouldn't call it a cheat. It is part of the HL engine and not a bug or anything. For TFC at least I use scripts for Rocket jumps and Engineer builds.

The only thing I use in NS is I bound mouse 5 to lastinv. That's how I do a qwick switch between blink/swipe, leap/bite.

My guess is that a blink/swipe script wouldn't be very useful since you couldn't time it right. I wouldn't use one, but then I like to be in control of my actions
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rocket jump... loser

lol
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess technically its not a cheat, your right. A lot of people feel it is, since they cant manually do it as quick as your script can, or the fact that you have to use a script instead of manually doing it yourself, which can be quite hard to master in a lot of cases.

Either way, a lot of servers disable scripts, which hope to ensure you are using keys that everyone else has.

Its all personal preferences as well as what the server allows. For sure, you either have to download one for blink/slash or leap/bite, casue making one yourself and getting the timeing right would be way too much of a hassle.

p.s. i never had to use a scripts to rocket-jump in TFC and i always did engineer builds the long way
NS World Author
kubrick

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShenTraX wrote:

p.s. i never had to use a scripts to rocket-jump in TFC and i always did engineer builds the long way

I used to rocket jump manually, but the scripts make sure I can hit the one I want everytime.

I love building a dispenser with the g key and then being able to detonate it with the g key killing some noob who thinks he can try and crawl/jump over it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROFLOCTOPUS

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing wrong with scripts. and the mp_blockscripts command only blocks _specials which I know maybe 1 person to have used in ns, ever. so it was pretty futile and it does not block the types of scripts that myself and others use such as a slot2/3 switcher or the like.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:

I used to rocket jump manually, but the scripts make sure I can hit the one I want everytime.

I love building a dispenser with the g key and then being able to detonate it with the g key killing some noob who thinks he can try and crawl/jump over it

[SMK]-.Jim.*NS* wrote:
nothing wrong with scripts. and the mp_blockscripts command only blocks _specials which I know maybe 1 person to have used in ns, ever. so it was pretty futile and it does not block the types of scripts that myself and others use such as a slot2/3 switcher or the like.

What a couple of dirty hackers
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... my .... uh ... script .... got me the Hungry Hungry Hippo, with 136 digestions last night...

yeah... it was a script....

NOT.
NS World Author
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: