FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to kill SGs in specific locations in Avanti

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazebari?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some help here, I can only cover so many popular spots in avanti...Please help..mm'k?

Ok, Fav Place No. 1: Behind the respawn gates:

Usually some engies build sgs behind the gates (On offense, usually) so the best way to deal with this is..what else? stand back from a distance and fire away. You can't fire too close, because the sg is automatic and will continue firing while you're still waiting for the "Gates are Open" sign.

Fav Place No. 2: On the ledge which covers the path out of the cp 1 area into the relative area of cp 2.

Inch around the corner until you see a little piece of the sg. Remember, an sg cannot fire on you until it has you completely in your sights. So if you inch around until you see a small portion, it won't fire on you.

Whip out your nailgun/railgun/whatever and fire a continuous stream.

Fav Spot No. 3: On CP 2 itself.

This is the easiest to take out, throw some primed nades over the ledge.

Fav Spot No. 4: On a platform which overlooks the long path to CP 3.

A sniper can usually see the little "Sensor" attatchment to the sg from the balcony and BOOM!

Fav Spot 5: In the church, covering the hallway from the church hole.

Throw some nades, gl_nades, nail nades, anything that has a good radius of fire.

Anyone who wants to help, do so! I've listed five spots here, and I'm sure there are more!

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just outside the death room past 2 up the little ramp. There is a flat spot where if you go straight (toward church) you can go thru passsage and come out by tarp. As a soldier if you rocket jump at the flat spot where you can almost see thru the little room into CP3 and have a primed nail gernade ready you can throw it over the building onto the ledges at CP3 taking out everything. Great fun, half the time they don't even know where it came from. you can get 2 gernades over before having to resupplly with health.
Except watch out for cstone he can snipe you while your popping up much to my surprise
Another great thing to do before gates open and you can only do this on avanti in THE VILLE with nail gernades cause no one else provides gernades in respawn area is grab the gernade pack and rocket jump while facing cap 1 let the nail gernade fly and you stand a good chance of taking out any sg's being built around the well area. You can even throw them over the wall at the other exit gate clearing out any hw's or at least making them run for cover. As you can tell these are soldier specific and I don't know if any other classes can take advantage of these. Demo comes to mind. Medic throwing regular gernades. Don't forget when your out of nail gernades throw regular one's they work but more against personel. Prime them to get them to blow up where you want.
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a SG built at the top of the ramp after the death room past CP2, with your back against the wall you will be too far for the SG to see you. However, you won't be too far for anyone protecting the SG to see you, and they WILL throw grenades at you. Snipers, charge before you slide in for the shot.
BeanDaddy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two cents to put into this discussion:

As any regular 'TheVille' engi knows, I kill a LOT of sgs on Avanti and there's no real secret to it except to practice it by trial and error. The one general technique that you'll see any decent demo employ is what I call my 'jumpshot'. MIRVs are obviously one of the best weapons against an sg, but you'll rarely kill one with the first explosion - it's best to toss it where the secondary explosives will fall in a nice little circle around the sg. When they go off, 9 times out of 10 they will send any sgs in the area straight to sg heaven. This is key - tossing a MIRV in just the right spot is the only real trick to the trade. To date, I've not found one spot on Avanti where I can't take down an sg - one way or another.

BeanDaddy

If anyone wants to watch me do it, just find me (usually on TheVille 1) and I'd be glad to share what I know.
LanceMantis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another easy way to take out sg's on the ledge overlooking cap2. You just come out of the offensive respawn through the first gate and jump/fire until its dead. This method isn't very effective unless the engy is low on supplies.

KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thanks that helps me alot guys that has inproved my kills

[ This Message was edited by: KillerRoofcutter on 2001-09-15 13:29 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking as a regular Ville engineer, I want to let everybody know that the tactics being discussed here are completely ineffective, and are being posted here only to mislead you. Everybody knows that the best method of destroying a sentry is to run directly at it with a crowbar.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your on to some thing there Thom. I have to aded though screaming at the top of your lungs helps improve your chances by 25%!
It's also a good way to be asked to leave your own house. LOL
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roof, is that why you dont play late at night with that technique? Its waking up the little ones?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: