FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TV 4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osama Bin Fluffy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: TV 4 Reply with quote

I know my opinion dosen't really matter or whatever, but have you guys ever thought of taking anzio, kalt, donner, avalanche and flash out of the tv4 voting list? cause if people really wanted to play those maps they could just go to tv1, sometimes i get upset when a map like switch or merderet or escape loses to one of the tv1 servers cause those people could simply just go to that server, but like I said my opinion dosent really matter but it was just a thought running through my little 'ol head
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are popular maps, and changing to less popular maps will cause less people to come unless you are lucky to get the right traffic.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they should be taken out, but I hate playing charlie, then going to a good map, then going back to charlie. Or it seems like it goes to flash every 3 maps, which is really annoying. Don't take them out, but try and make them show up less frequent, or not appear if it has been one of the last 5 maps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vote goes to the majority. If the majority wants those maps then what can I say??

Personally I would like to play some of the maps that aren't played as much. Avalanche and Flash have been overplayed IMHO. They are both good maps but it would be nice to see a few other maps get some time in as well for the change of scenery.

TV1 is usually full so saying "if you want to play those maps then just go there" doesn't exactly make much sense if you can't get in.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put meredet and or krastoff on TV1 please. They are popular maps.
Ten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd be kinda coo' to stick another map in the rotation at TV 1. One of the para maps, I <3 those. #Fade in
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or wecould allplay ns....but no seriously i like the rotations in now...there are plenty of dod servers on the ville....i highly doubt they willall play the same map....and they allave different rotations...look around at them ifyoudont likethe map on 4 0r 1
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ten yard you fg42 h00r

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixthegarand wrote:
Put meredet and or krastoff on TV1 please. They are popular maps.

that would rock too, possibly changing up the map rotation on tv1, that would probably be a better idea than what i said about removing maps from tv4, you guys should have a vote for a new map rotation for tv1
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osama Bin Fluffy wrote:
you guys should have a vote for a new map rotation for tv1

TV1 isn't having any problems filling up with the rotation that is there now. If it ain't broke then why fix it. It would be better to change the rotation to what the crowd wants on TV5 or 7. 1 and 4 are not having any traffic problems from what I see. If I know the server owners I don't see them changing the rotation when their servers are still full .

I really don't mean to be a killjoy here. The ultimate goal of any server op is to keep the server running smooth and keep it full. Usually they won't change anything when everything is running to their expectations.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with five either. It had 14 to 18 all weekend long. It's got a regular rotation but it also has the vote plugin so people can get what they like. I agree with BRN if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I will try is this

I will reduce the number of maps showing on map vote to 3 instead of 5. That should make things better.

I always felt 5 maps was too many. The votes are being stretched too thin in my opinion.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if you are tired of playing the same ole maps then why don't you come down to TV7 and play old timey maps and custom maps. No avalanche (yet) on this server. Jfet and i would love to have traffic on the server and its different maps than the norm. Otherwise i think tv 1 and tv 4 are perfect and nothing should change. It is like brn said if the majority of the people in the server like it then there is litlte we can do. I feel your pain though i hate donner and charlie and sometimes tv 1 and tv 4 have those maps going at the sametime...what really sucks is when tv 1, 4, and 5 all have charlie going then i cry.

Powder
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
well if you are tired of playing the same ole maps then why don't you come down to TV7 and play old timey maps and custom maps. No avalanche (yet) on this server. Jfet and i would love to have traffic on the server and its different maps than the norm. Otherwise i think tv 1 and tv 4 are perfect and nothing should change. It is like brn said if the majority of the people in the server like it then there is litlte we can do. I feel your pain though i hate donner and charlie and sometimes tv 1 and tv 4 have those maps going at the sametime...what really sucks is when tv 1, 4, and 5 all have charlie going then i cry.

Powder

I go to 7 once and awhile but usually no one comes. A week or two ago it was really jumping and a lot of fun was had on some maps i've never played before. Its a good thing TV1 doesn't have charlie in its rotation, I'd be mighty sad if all 3 were charlie!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill play on TV7 some more. I actually like the custom maps for the most part. A couple of them are just too mazy and dumb though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: