FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Beta not cool :(
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kubrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Beta not cool :( Reply with quote

For combat anyway. They took away wave spawn so only one spawn at a time. And tada! Aliens win every time in 2 minute games. Joy. Why shorten combat games? The whole point is to be able to level up your player to 10. Hell, the marines can barely spawn now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good, maybe peole will play classic again
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the orignal combat had no marine chair and aleins could not attack marine spawn..aka marine offence aliens d all the time...

oh well kill kill kill
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Hawk wrote:
good, maybe peole will play classic again

Or maybe we need to go wail on their legs until they're like linguini till they bring it back, and they'll be saying

ahhh! you darkness... you black ...midnight evil motha ****a.... black magic... darkness... you raw... darkness.. you ...uh... you delerious motha ****a....

AHH!... you as cold as ice..

Then they'll give us back the good combat and add in another alien to morph to, bigger than the onos. And give marines a mech, or some cool gun.
ROFLOCTOPUS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better this way. rounds end in under 10 minutes. and as anyone who enjoys diversity would know, playing more than 1 round on a map is "the fun".
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Beta not cool :( Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:
For combat anyway. They took away wave spawn so only one spawn at a time. And tada! Aliens win every time in 2 minute games. Joy. Why shorten combat games? The whole point is to be able to level up your player to 10. Hell, the marines can barely spawn now.

the reason they said they did this i believe was because THEY WANTED TO SHORTEN how long combat maps were but i think they meant that they didnt want hour long games and so on but they accidentally shortened it too much so far out of the 20 some games of co that i played 2day the marines have only won once and another thing that i dont like about beta 4 is the fact that the aliens generate their own exp i mean u could be doing nothing all game long and get all ur points whiel the marines have to work their arses off just to gain a couple of lvls that makes it so that every game the marines will lose because the aliens are just too powerful.....

to tell you the truth i might just uninstall beta 4 ns and reinstall beta 3 ns cause beta 4 is just too f-ed up ...well at least in combat

on a lighter note i do like the new sounds they came out wit for the ns guns

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan wrote:
Then they'll give us back the good combat and add in another alien to morph to, bigger than the onos. And give marines a mech, or some cool gun.

that would make beta 4 worth the dumbarseness

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
It's better this way. rounds end in under 10 minutes. and as anyone who enjoys diversity would know, playing more than 1 round on a map is "the fun".

Only one time all weekend did I see the Marines win. It usually turns into a big alien spawn camp. I was forever changing the maps this weekend because of this. It's way too lopsided for the aliens now. That's why alot of people stopped playing NS at 2.0. It also has nothing to do with stacked teams. Even with Shen and AMG on my team we still couldn't win.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going anywhere sweetie, it's too much fun killing you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see a problem with marines winning unless they don't move out asap. the only reason they could lose is if they camp in base and let the aliens get the free xp. or maybe I'm too used to league play and anytime I come back to theville I'm accused of hacking. and seeing as how I'm nothing compared to most in cal or ugs, it makes me feel better about my skill level. 45 knife kills ftw.
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JIMMAH! H4X! gg knife kills

bah if anyone accuses joo of cheeeting, send them to meh and I will give them the gordo experience. MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

I haven't even tried the knew IN ESS version but will shortly. See joose guys there!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F*ck beta4, I'm so fed up with the NS devteam, they get it good, then they scramble it around and make it retarded. It happened with 2.0 from 1.04(Still the best version)

Maybe they did it because the ultra uber teamworking testers thought it was too easy, but guess what.....who are going to play the game the most? Casual Pubbers, who are the lifeblood of the game, not the Look-at-me-I'm-a-leagueite-twinkletoes-vip; you pubber trash just can't play *snob nose* Hurumph.

It's like of Mice and Men. They(NS developers) create this wonderful fuzzy bunny(Combat) and everyone loves it, it works fine, great even. But then they Love it and pet it and squeeze it and *SPGLUUURGGGCKKT!!* They crush it with a quick twist and rupture it's fragile body into crap that noone wants to play with...a dead mangled bunny corpse.

ROFLOCTOPUS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EUPHAMISM? I THORNK NORT.
ShenTraX
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the Dev team's goal was to make round shorter. I think their overall goal was to change combat too a lesser apeal. Wich may shift more people to classic.

I like classic. I loved 2.x. When i beta tested 3.x Combat was an interesting idea. They had the 1 spawn at a time implimented, and got bad feedback from the consties/vets and changed it to the wave form. They should have left the wave form except change the minimum spawns to two. I think that would have been great.

Granted CO brings in the CS crouds, who are use to the short-round game play style. Fresh blood is good.

If beta 4 was made to bring appeal back to Classic, its working. Combat need to have it lime light turned off anyways.
NS World Author
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
EUPHAMISM? I THORNK NORT.

*SNIFF

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: