FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
suggestion for cup matches

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> The Ville Cup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: suggestion for cup matches Reply with quote

i noticed there was some confusion on when the matches started / stopped. there are a few simple commands that admins can use that would make the process go a lot more smoothly

mp_clan_restartround 1
if you type this when everyone is in the server and ready, it will reset the scores and everyone will respawn. using this would be a more efficient way to start matches.

mp_timelimit 20
when the match starts, type this and it will set the time remaining to 20 min.

one other suggestion (less important) is the scoring system. clan scoring is much better cuz you get points every 30 seconds depending on how many flags you hold. in our match on caen, our team was winning by alot but since we hadn't capped the map yet the score was only like 14-12 after 5 min of playing.

just some ideas to help things run more smoothly. thanks to everyone who played tonight, that was fun!

(ps i personally dont know too much about the league configs, but i believe its pretty easy to set up and it would solve a lot of hassles)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I like that scoring system way better.
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp_clan_restartround 1
thats exactly what i was looking for, but didnt know what it was callled. also been looking how to do that scoring system, but i couldnt find anything. last night was kind of disorganized as it was our first actual competitive game.
Osama Bin Fluffy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if the teams are way off like say... 8v6 one of the admins should join the team that's down, that would make it a little more "even" allthough we put up a helluva fight yesterday, you other guys better watch out, i'm actually decent at the other 2 maps
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osama Bin Fluffy wrote:
i think if the teams are way off like say... 8v6 one of the admins should join the team that's down, that would make it a little more "even" allthough we put up a helluva fight yesterday, you other guys better watch out, i'm actually decent at the other 2 maps

Judges can not join. That would be a conflict of interest. You can't sit and watch a team's stradegy and positions and then join to fight against them.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osama Bin Fluffy wrote:

It is the team members responsability to show up for the matches. When they don't show up, like last night, they let their team down. Like KRG said it is a conflict of interest for the admins to join. We are there to help things run as smoothly as humanly possible.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get teams to have several reserves on server before start. If they are needed then fine if not they disconnect.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Osama Bin Fluffy wrote:

It is the team members responsability to show up for the matches. When they don't show up, like last night, they let their team down. Like KRG said it is a conflict of interest for the admins to join. We are there to help things run as smoothly as humanly possible.

point taken hey req, you got any reserves lined up for tonight?
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clone rizzo isnt going to be able to make it for our match tonight, so we got a reserve that isnt on the list, is that ok?
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Osama Bin Fluffy wrote:

Yeah I agree with that. If your team doesn't show up and they dont get reserves, don't be complaining when the teams are uneven.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as its not that hax0r from the video you showed I'm sure it will be fine. But you better PM Blue, BRN or Jfet first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shovelnose wrote:
clone rizzo isnt going to be able to make it for our match tonight, so we got a reserve that isnt on the list, is that ok?

ya, just PM me who it is and their steam id.

SPEAKING OF.... NOT ALL YOU TEAMS HAVE GOTTE ME THE LIST OF ID'S. SHOULD I DISQUALIFY YOU? DO YOU WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE?....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> The Ville Cup All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: