FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3 matches on KALT?!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> The Ville Cup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: 3 matches on KALT?! Reply with quote

hey i'm interested in playing in the cup but man.... why are rounds 1,2,3 all on dod_kalt? there are much better choices out there like anzio avalanche, donner, etc. i mean kalt's tollerable for one night but kinda gets boring after a while don't you think?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although i like kalt i actually think it would be good to change it up after each round. maybe kalt for round 1, then avalanche for round 2, and so on. Well i guess we just need jfet to decide.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was heavily discussed before choosing all kalt. reason is if we do maps like anzio or avalanche, i KNOW the losing teams will whine and moan because they had the 'less fair' team between axis and allies. kalt is very even between the two, so we choose that. if we had more time and more people interested *hinthint* i would have dont it RIGHT and made every match both players on axis AND allies. maybe next time...if there is one. just need people to show interest.
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think they would show more interest if it was more diverse
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was one of the main driving forces having only Kalt. The reason is that the map is as close to equal for both sides. For this cup it is single knock-out. If the cup catches on and we get massive interest then we would consider revising that decision. I would like to see a large turnout and use different maps with each team playing two rounds, one on each side of said map. This would involve far more planning etc but would be worth the effort if indeed turnout was available. Lets see how this one goes and maybe we'll have another with the change.
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see all custom maps

P
KopiKat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalt is awesome, but yeah we should change it up, just NOT to anzio, i loathe anzio. Anything but anzio(or any maps with british)

-KK
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:

P

thats what i was pushing for.

KopiKat wrote:
Kalt is awesome, but yeah we should change it up, just NOT to anzio, i loathe anzio. Anything but anzio(or any maps with british)

-KK

well, if you can think of another map that is relatively even, then ill use it.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:

P

Then you have the issue of people not d-loading them (some will not due to laziness). Or, you'll have people who wait until 10 minutes before their match to d-load the map and they are late. etc etc etc.

The easier things are to follow, the more turnout you'll have. I could be wrong though. People are fickle around here when it comes to custom maps. Most reject them totally while others thrive on them.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinkin about doing one on dod_hill_classic only cause its just such a cool map. its too big though. maybe ill do a hill_classic night on TV7. see if we can get lots of people in there
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet Zener the Great wrote:
i was thinkin about doing one on dod_hill_classic only cause its just such a cool map. its too big though. maybe ill do a hill_classic night on TV7. see if we can get lots of people in there

I did that one night on TV9, turn out wasn't great but it was hella lot fun. I'd be there with bells on, I know how much you like that...
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Nanite wrote:
Jfet Zener the Great wrote:

I did that one night on TV9, turn out wasn't great but it was hella lot fun. I'd be there with bells on, I know how much you like that...

yes. i love when you wear those cute bells and how you strategically place them. but last night i was playing on hill classic for a whackem night and we had at least 12 people.
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
yes. i love when you wear those cute bells and how you strategically place them. but last night i was playing on hill classic for a whackem night and we had at least 12 people.

I saw you were on Hill classic. I didn't have the map and looked at the maps in the file section here. It was not there. If you put dod_hill_classic in the download section here I will get it.

It would be fun to have a match on legoland2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shovel Me Silly wrote:
Quote:

I saw you were on Hill classic. I didn't have the map and looked at the maps in the file section here. It was not there. If you put dod_hill_classic in the download section here I will get it.

It would be fun to have a match on legoland2.

legoland is great. tv7 is supposed to have the fast download enabled so you dont need to install it first, but its not working. ill do one or the other (in files section or get fast download workign). i have about 100 megs of custom maps installed on tv7 (i just have yet to add them to the changelevel menu in amx).
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, i was under the impression that teams would play as both axis and allies for each match. it makes more sense now. also has anyone considered advertising at the dodmod forums? might bring in more ppl to play even if they arent ville regulars
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> The Ville Cup All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: