FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Super Vomish... Numba One!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Super Vomish... Numba One! Reply with quote

As of right now, Mr. Vomish is #1 in TheVille's DoD stats by almost 100 points.

Usually #1 belongs to a sniper, but it's awesome to see a fellow frantic run-'n-gun player claim that spot. GJ Vomish. #Fade in
Mr.Vomish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Vomish... Numba One! Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
As of right now, Mr. Vomish is #1 in TheVille's DoD stats by almost 100 points.

Usually #1 belongs to a sniper, but it's awesome to see a fellow frantic run-'n-gun player claim that spot. GJ Vomish. #Fade in

Hehe thanx Ten Yard but I just got off Charlei after a 90 and 9 run with my scoped KAR and so I'm sorry to disappoint you but yes, I got the #1 spot by sniping. LOL. I hope we can still be friends. Love, Mr.Vomish

PS.... Hey Ten Yard I recently received an invitation to join TVB also but i have lots of questions that need to be answered first so AIM if you can.
My AIM is S4cePL. Thanx again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! Snipers! When will they go away?!

I'll have you know that I'm now only 70% as happy for you now.
AMBUSH BVA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJ Vomish. #Beer
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn snipers....

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr.Holiday

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I was almost number one once too, but i had to be the sneakiest, biggest camping sniper in the world, it got to a point where i even disgusted myself so i went back to my run and gun style. More honour!
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Holiday wrote:
Ya I was almost number one once too, but i had to be the sneakiest, biggest camping sniper in the world, it got to a point where i even disgusted myself so i went back to my run and gun style. More honour!

I don't know about more honor in the run and gun style but it is more fun for me. Although I wish i was a good sniper on charlie because when you are axis that's the best thing to do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
migget

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: I'm now ranked number one Reply with quote

I am now ranked number 1 by more then 100 points and this is the second time i'v been at number 1. I once got 100 kills in a row, and people have even accused me of having some highlighter cheat or something. Just thought i might put my 2 cents in here. I have fun playing on this server and will be here for awhile, i hope u guys get a chance to watch me play on charlie where i'm best.
Mr.Vomish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm now ranked number one Reply with quote

migget wrote:
I am now ranked number 1 by more then 100 points and this is the second time i'v been at number 1. I once got 100 kills in a row, and people have even accused me of having some highlighter cheat or something. Just thought i might put my 2 cents in here. I have fun playing on this server and will be here for awhile, i hope u guys get a chance to watch me play on charlie where i'm best.

Can I have your autograph?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

Wow, I sure can't wait to watch you snipe on Charlie, a true test of skill that is.. Sad how sniper whores always get the top spots, when there are so many people so much better than them that do so much more for their team that are ranked like 200th. I mean, frank has a higher K ratio than this guy with twice the kills using a BAR and he is ranked 25th or something. So sad..sniper rifles have a higher point modifier than a BAR =x and Migget, you seem to have quite an ego just for making that post.
pat sajak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

it turned my kill to death ratio symbol into a smiley face.
Ten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like the way in which points are accumulated and ranks are calculated. Eventually, yes, the first five pages are "the sniper pages" and damned if the ten best players on TV's servers are just a few guys who can snipe men running up a beach.

I know it probably can't be changed, but the emphasis on accuracy needs to go, so does the K : D. Going 110 and 12 on Charlie shouldn't net you first spot for two weeks while there's people over 2.5 K : D with a BAR with over 2000 kills and several hundred flags. It's just ridiculous to assume the better ranked player is the better player.

Hell, if flags counted as anything toward point accumulation you'd never see a 5.0 K : D sniper up on the first page ever again. Maybe an offensive sniper, but not some Charlie Axis sniper. Woopee.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well are you looking at the stats here or the Cycostats? The cycostats are better for this, unless you aren't one of the top 500 players. My solution is to ignore the stats and concentrate on helping your team.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I play sniper quite often, I have to agree with everyone else in the fact that most snipers are over-rated. As an act of rebellion against the lame-o campnig snipers, I'm often on the frontlines trying to kill people. A skilled and intelligent sniper can make or break a team, but unfortuneatly, most of these snipers recieve as much credit for what they do as the weenie campers do.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Ten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Well are you looking at the stats here or the Cycostats? The cycostats are better for this, unless you aren't one of the top 500 players. My solution is to ignore the stats and concentrate on helping your team.

Well, I don't see what you're saying... it's not like I bail in the middle of a game to see my stats or supercamp with a sniper rifle to climb the ranks.

How do you access the other stats, I'm pretty sure they're called psychostats.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: