FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Server Graphics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Server Graphics Reply with quote

I've been playing lately on a server that offers two thing's that made me ask myself, Why doesn't the ville's DOD server have these options ?

1) It offers an onscreen display that tells you, Who killed you, How many shots it took, and how much damage you did to him.

2) This servers graphics as far as a body getting fragged by a grenade ?
Well, it is graphic (parts everywhere)

3)When a player does a multiple kill you will see it on the screen(example
Joe Bloe is on a killing spree (Multi Kill)

I think this would be a welcomed addition to the villes DOD Server

Here is the server IP 166.70.52.84:27454. It's in Utah.
Turbo!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be sweet on a TV server. Is it possible to get that for TFC, the kill stats that is (how many shots it took etc.)

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they have that stats counter for DoD. Although The Multi-kills and Ultra-kills just tell people that you've gotten so many frags in one life. (Like it would say Multi-kill after you frag 3 guys without dying). And for the grenade thing, was that a client thing, were you messing with the cl_gibcount or was it actually something the server did?
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know GSpy ? I know that when you fragment somebody guts go glore (Real messy) but cool Please check it out is all I say ......

GoldenSpy wrote:
Yeah they have that stats counter for DoD. Although The Multi-kills and Ultra-kills just tell people that you've gotten so many frags in one life. (Like it would say Multi-kill after you frag 3 guys without dying). And for the grenade thing, was that a client thing, were you messing with the cl_gibcount or was it actually something the server did?

GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not actually sure if its the same command for DoD as it is for TFC, but try putting in console "cl_gibcount 0" and see if it still does it. If it does, then it's a server thing or its the wrong command for DoD. If it doesn't do it anymore, then it's probably your setting.

Fun thing-
#1-Set your cl_gibcount to 40 in TFC.
#2-Snipe someone so they get gibbed.
#3-Watch 40 gibs fly outta the guy.
#4-Watch you framerate drop to fractions
rommel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would love to see the in game stats on dod IV :p I love having stats to tell me who I killed and got kileld by and I love voting on maps so thats why I say :p
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Server Graphics Reply with quote

SpeCies wrote:
1) It offers an onscreen display that tells you, Who killed you, How many shots it took, and how much damage you did to him.

One of the servers already does this. I just can't remember which one.

SpeCies wrote:

They had this running on the servers but apparently there was an issue with it as far as server stability goes

SpeCies wrote:

TV5 had that on I believe. It was more of an annoyance than anything really. It was going off all the time. It may have had it's values set to high or something.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BRN you explained it perfectly.

TV1 has the stats. TV4 doesn't. I didnt put it on 4 for variety because some people don't like all the stats and extras.

The blood does cause some stability problems. If it ever gets stable it will return to tv4.

Multikill stuff.. well.. I don't like it too much. So it probably wont appear on 4. Don't know about the other server ops.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's running on 5 and it can get a little annoying once in a while but Silver's right variety is important.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Server Graphics Reply with quote

SpeCies wrote:
I've been playing lately on a server that offers two thing's that made me ask myself, Why doesn't the ville's DOD server have these options ?

I think this would be a welcomed addition to the villes DOD Server

Here is the server IP 166.70.52.84:27454. It's in Utah.

Multikill is annoying......i hear it all the time because i pwn....dont like it at all....
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Server Graphics Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
SpeCies wrote:

TV5 had that on I believe. It was more of an annoyance than anything really. It was going off all the time. It may have had it's values set to high or something.

I was playing on a server that had it and I left because of it. I agree that it is very annoying especially on a server with as many people that the ville usually has. The sounds would be overlapping each other constantly.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! Those Unreal Tournament sounds (MOALTY-KILL! KILLING SPREE! HEAD SHOT!... they make me want to break things. Yea...

But the victims list/attackers stats after death are always appreciated in a server. I think everyone finds it somewhat comforting to some consolation when they can read the stats for themselves after they died a death they didn't think they should have.
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
But the victims list/attackers stats after death are always appreciated in a server. I think everyone finds it somewhat comforting to some consolation when they can read the stats for themselves after they died a death they didn't think they should have.

I think this should be added to all servers too. It is always nice to see you die from a nade 50 some meters away. Or get killed by a knife 2.9 meters away! It happened once to me! 2.9 meters is like 9 feet away! And its nice to know who you damaged with a good nade and who shot you with what.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could knife you 9 feet away n0g0d. I've got the go-go stretch arms hax.
rommel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that dude had a long SWORD!! :p
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: