FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cup Schedule
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> The Ville Cup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Cup Schedule Reply with quote

HERE IS THE COMPLETE SCHEDULE FOR THE CUP:

games are 40 minutes long, 20 minutes on each side. im giving time between matches because i know there will be delays and whatnot.

Day 1 Monday, April 19, 2004.
Game 1: Teams 1/2 on TV7 map Caen. First Match 8:00-8:20pm, second match 8:25-8:45pm.
Game 2: Teams 3/4 on TV7 map Caen from. First Match 9:00-9:20pm, second match 9:25-9:45pm.

Day 2 Tuesday, April 20, 2004.
Game 3: Teams 1/3 on TV7 map Avalanche. First Match 8:00-8:20pm, second match 8:25-8:45pm.
Game 4: Teams 2/4 on TV7 map Avalanche. First Match 9:00-9:20pm, second match 9:25-9:45pm.

Day 3 Thursday, April 22, 2004.
Game 5: Teams 1/4 on TV7 map Anzio. First Match 8:00-8:20pm, second match 8:25-8:45pm.
Game 6: Teams 2/3 on TV7 map Anzio. First Match 9:00-9:20pm, second match 9:25-9:45pm.

Day 4 Friday, April 23, 2004. FINAL ROUND
Game 7: Two teams with most points on TV7 map Saints from 8:00-9:00pm
The team with the most points will get to choose which side they want to play on.

Last edited by Jfet Zener on Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check updated post above
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

=S8=Section 8 vs. [RBN] Raised By Noobs
both teams need to be in TV7 by 7:55. the password will be "match1"
=S8= will start on axis, and [RBN] will start allies. we will switch teams after 20 minutes.

[TFA] The Failed Abortions vs. [HSS] Hobo Strike Squad
both teams need to be in TV7 by 8:55. the password will be "match2"
[TFA] will start on axis, and [HSS] will start allies. we will switch teams after 20 minutes.

to the people playing in the 2nd match - if the password doesnt work, dont use "match1" to get in, as either the game is still in progress or we arent ready for you.

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO WEAR THEIR TEAM TAG!! you can keep your clan tag or not, i dont care. captains make sure your team members understand this. the official time is located at www.thevillecup.org on the bottom left. match begins on time, we will not wait. if a player comes in late, he may still join.

any questions?
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have a question....i know jack hasnt been able to get a hold of one or two people..... what is the policy for replacements and such? do we play a man down? or is there a replacement standing by in case we have a no show?

just wondering.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shovelnose wrote:
yeah i have a question....i know jack hasnt been able to get a hold of one or two people..... what is the policy for replacements and such? do we play a man down? or is there a replacement standing by in case we have a no show?

just wondering.

tell the replacements to join the game. if one your team members comes in, its up to you if you want to let him play. if so, reserver must leave before your team member joins, or within a very very short time. if for some reason they both end up playing, ....hmm, either disqualification or something. shouldnt have to worry about this. just get a replacement or 2.
JtH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i havent heard of most of my team.

argh. time to pm the hell out of them. oh yeah you regular guys that i know will show will probably not recieve a pm from me, its the unregs (if thats a word) that im worried about.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeonardoLeonardo wrote:
Well, well, well the good news is that my stacked team will make up for my absolutely horrible playing (unless of course we go CS style and have a knife/shovel round), and I only mean horrible playing if I can get my network at home back up and running, my dad just emailed me and told me the router decided to stop working, so I'm busy looking for my fixing hammer for when I go home.

Bottom line is, I'm still in, but I might only be able to be the cheerleader for the Hobo Strike Squad as we I refuse to even attempt to run DoD on my parents computer, although hooking mine up down there for a bit could also work. It'll be touch and go so Jack I'll be letting you know daily if I'm in or out, so you can either go shorthanded or bring in a sub in my place.

I haven't seen anything from McDonald's guy or whatever his name is.

I recommend PM'img a couple reserves. A few have signed up as reserves and probably want to play. I'd say if you have not heard back from people in PM's, you should replace them. It's their responsibility to respond to you. If they don't, replace them. Otherwise, you may end up short people.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have a guy to use as a replacement.... soon to be ville supporter Royce

any one on the reserves list still interested, PM me or jack.....we still havent heard from 2 of our team
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, depending on how teams are short, we might not have 8 on 8 matches. if both teams are missing 2 people for example, and one team finds 2 reserves and the other only 1, im not going to hold them back because they couldnt get enough reserves, so itll be a 7v7 match. however if one team has all 8 regulars show, its 8 vs however many on other team with reserves. just thought i might clear this up....if its any clear from what i said.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet Zener wrote:
also, depending on how teams are short, we might not have 8 on 8 matches. if both teams are missing 2 people for example, and one team finds 2 reserves and the other only 1, im not going to hold them back because they couldnt get enough reserves, so itll be a 7v7 match. however if one team has all 8 regulars show, its 8 vs however many on other team with reserves. just thought i might clear this up....if its any clear from what i said.

And if team 1 is traveling at 46 mph with their windows open, how long until they reach the train station?
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Osama Bin Fluffy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will there be a friendship match before the final one? ya know, let the 2 crappy teams duke it out for 3rd place?
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osama Bin Fluffy wrote:
will there be a friendship match before the final one? ya know, let the 2 crappy teams duke it out for 3rd place?

hmm. good idea maybe.

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 wrote:
And if team 1 is traveling at 46 mph with their windows open, how long until they reach the train station?

depends on the time of day and who won the superbowl last year at the time in question.
Osama Bin Fluffy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet Zener wrote:
Osama Bin Fluffy wrote:

hmm. good idea maybe.

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 wrote:

depends on the time of day and who won the superbowl last year at the time in question.

how about a whack'em friendship match for the 2 losing teams
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So which team does S8 start on?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Turbo!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
So which team does S8 start on?

i was wondering the same thing myself except for TFA

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> The Ville Cup All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: