FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Atlanta folks get ready to paaarrrtaaaaaayyyyy!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Atlanta folks get ready to paaarrrtaaaaaayyyyy! Reply with quote

ok, so my favorite band in the world is going ot be in Atlanta on the 27th of March. They're called Flogging Molly, and I'm pretty much going to try and make the show. Anyone in the nearby vicinity wanna go too? I'm going to be driving from Jacksonville, NC, so if you're nearby or on the way, I might be able to do the whole pickup and dropoff thing. Either post here or send me a PM if you want to go.

Just in case you don't know who FM is, here's the site Clicky!!

they are pretty much a Fuel injected brand of Irish music, but not like the Dropkick Murphies, think more traditional, but faster. Every time I've seen these guys I've had a blast, and once managed to party with them afterwards and get pretty trashed with the band members, who are all absolutely fantastic people. You can catch a video of one of their best songs on their website, and I suggest taking a look at it to get an idea of the way they play.

Anyways, if you want to go or whatever, let me know, and I'll see what I can do about tickets and whatnot. #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they get good air play here in San Diego...but Atlanta is to far for me....
Azrael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit Roof, you've had 3 chances to see them, with the last time coming up tomorrow!

Tempe Az, tomorrow the 17th.

There was one show in Az today, and one in good ol' SD on the 13th!

I hate ur good location!!!!
kubrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:

Oh c'mon, J'ville, NC is the best place on earth
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Oh c'mon, J'ville, NC is the best place on earth

hehe havent been there since 76...and was it special then

where abouts you staying around there AZ?
Azrael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I live right near the middle of J-Action-ville. I live off of Piney Green road, if you can remember where that is. The place I have is kind of nice, cause even tho I'm only five minutes from downtown, I have a forest in my backyard, and my neighbors leave me alone.

And yes, it's still very "special" here.

For those that couldn't tell, I hate this stoopid town!
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Az, stop by and pick me up its not to far out of your way.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt stutter wrote:
Hey Az, stop by and pick me up its not to far out of your way.

And on your way stop by and pick me up too

God Bless You Blue Ruler
kubrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
Oh I live right near the middle of J-Action-ville. I live off of Piney Green road, if you can remember where that is. The place I have is kind of nice, cause even tho I'm only five minutes from downtown, I have a forest in my backyard, and my neighbors leave me alone.

Is that near court street? I think that was the bad street. It's been almost 12 years since I was there. I have fond memories of pawn shops, strip clubs and tatoo parlors, and the huge Jacksonville mall. and the $15 cab ride to town(I was in mos school so no car).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Azrael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, no, I'm not anywhere near Court st. That is pretty much in the ghetto (sing it with me all you Elvis fans, in the ghettoooooooo). I live in one of the more sparsely populated areas of the city, just about 2 miles away from not being in the city at all.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Is that near court street? I think that was the bad street. It's been almost 12 years since I was there. I have fond memories of pawn shops, strip clubs and tatoo parlors, and the huge Jacksonville mall. and the $15 cab ride to town(I was in mos school so no car).

haha cab ride??? we humped it and hitched rides...quietly of course...you had to go go swoop circle... cab cost to much...I think we got 130 every 2 weeks or a month cant remember...must of been a month though. we were always broke. I stayed in the 10 marine barracks until some of the guys went in together and rented various trailers or farm houses out the back gate area...by that time most had cars.
Being from southern California I was sure surprised to find they had no refried beans and tortillas at the grocery store oh what a place

are the brick barracks still there for 10th marines? or did they get upgraded?

can you still get a deep fried double hamburger with cheese inside, from the cicilian roach coaches? god they would surly kill a grown man...but a 18 year old marine...ummmm good

Are the Roaches big enough to carry you off still?

I see the humidy is 97% tonight...haha nothing changes...

I miss those days....
Azrael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit you crusty old farts! Don't you go hijacking my concert thread just to reminisce about the days when you were a Horse Marine, and how Momma said "Gimme some, PT, Good for you, Good for me" crap!

As for the questions tho:

1. Nope, no more Sicilian roach coach guys, they're all run by MWR, which is now MCCS (still the mafia tho, shh, don't tell anyone I said anything).and the guys that run the individual coahces tend to be your average Vet. Old crusty and always lookin for a good story to dish out on unsuspecting boots!

2. Yes, the damn roaches have always been, and will always be that huge, for ever and ever amen. Thus sayeth the Az, and lo, the people knew it for the truth, and saw that it was a bad kind of truth. The kind that means the roaches could walk off with their firstborns if they damn well pleased.

3. Yep, weather sux, I got pissed on every time I left the building today, which means I got pissed on 6 times in the span of 3 hours (I went home early )

4. Nope, I haven't seen a deep fried Cheeseburger here at all. I'm sure you will be delighted to know that Swansboro does now have the annual Mullet Festival, which, as I'm sure you can tell, inspires great feats of redneckery in all the locals, and much confusion on those of us from the outside world, especially those that don't know a mullet is a fish .

5. Yes, the barracks are still just as old and dilapidated, but they're finally starting to build new ones. Not that it does me any good, since I have a house, but when I did live in the barracks it was always a challenge to take a shower, cause if anyone in the building flushed or even thought about flushing a toilet, you'd get scalded by water straight from the fires of Hades itself!

Now, old timers, if you have any more desire to get all nostalgic on meh, start a new nostalgia thread! This here threads for a kickass concert coming up in Atlanta!!!
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Atlanta was affordable, I'd go for it. I haven't been there in about three years.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I take it no one wants to go to the show this Saturday? Man, you guys don't know what you'll be missing, I shall post pics if I can remember to take them, and get them developed, and post them.
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey AZ, id love to go, besides the fact never heard of FM (tried to watch their vid but it screwed up) Ne ways i live around there but its a little late o well. Have fun AZ.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: