FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
P.O.S. Steam

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: P.O.S. Steam Reply with quote

This is what I got when I went to play NS today

The Problem is, I lared downloaded Half Life, it was redownloading it the other night when I posted it appears.

#alien steam
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange...

Your desktop is a mess though.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Strange...

anyone with eyes can see that lol

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KillerRoofcutter wrote:
Stevo wrote:
Strange...

anyone with eyes can see that lol

You should see me actual desk
kubrick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Strange...

Not really...Mine is usually way worse. Both the windows kind and the real desktop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I someone going to solve his problem or are we going to talk about our desks?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
kubrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
I someone going to solve his problem or are we going to talk about our desks?

If the folks who actually program steam can't even figure out the problems, I doubt there is much we can do about it. It looks like it thinks you don't have half-life installed. So, let it download it I guess. What else can you do?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten that a couple of times in the recent past. I simply quit out, shut down steam, then restarted it, that worked for me. It started fine the next time I opened it up.
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using the logout and exit then start over usually fixes alot of the problems I get. I seem to have to do this pretty much every hour or I get a user Id ticket expired BS popup or this game is currently unavailable. Its funny, they keep making changes but really dont fix anything that has been broken from day one. Personally I cant wait for a non Sierra game to become popular around here so I dont have to feck with valve/steam anymore. All you steam lovers can have it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we are pretty much beta testing Steam right now so it is ready for Half-Life 2. Maybe that's why they delayed the game so much...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: