FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Er, a "dangerometer"? How has your game changed?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Er, a "dangerometer"? How has your game changed? Reply with quote

Over the past month I've really changed the way I play the game and I've also developed some sort of new perception of some kind methinks.

Recently I find that as travel through a map, I can feel the level of danger rising and dropping as I turn corners, clear rooms, stick my head out from a balcony, dash across an open area, hear pairs of footsteps approaching, or even while being in a firefight. And when I do die I think "well, that figures...." If I spectate someone else, they might do something and I'll think "NO! DON'T DO THAT! GOOD GOD" As a result though, my K : D has increased but my caps have decreased methinks.

I find that I've also really changed the way I play the game over the past month. Instead of going for that temporary cap deep in your rival's zone, I'll play "asshole guerrilla" and take out as many as I can and relocate. I manage to piss of hundreds of players on Anzio like this (as Axis). Instead of capping the flag and getting killed, I've manged to give my team some leeway and mobility to cap the other flags easier while I can finally nab that last one if I'm still standing.

But yea, what kind of things do you find yourself doing that are helping your game out?
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Er, a "dangerometer"? How has your game chang Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
But yea, what kind of things do you find yourself doing that are helping your game out?

Banning people that use cheats and exploits. That usually helps my game out

God Bless You Blue Ruler
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Er, a "dangerometer"? How has your game chang Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Ten Yard wrote:

Banning people that use cheats and exploits. That usually helps my game out

But BRN I tried to ban you, and it didnt work..... hmmmmm
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we always try to ban BRN...some how he keeps comming back I'll get jfet working on it.

Powder
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
Quote:

Not playing seems to have brought me up a notch in skills.

P.S. I have to agree with what the Big Red Nipples ( . )( . ) said also.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am INVINSIBLE

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My game has changed too. I charge forward constantly. I usually ever stop moving forward, unless i'm next to enemy spawn of course. I do use more caution though. I know where people will come out and how many will usually be there so I can gauge from that. I think anzio is the only map where i am not cautious. That is my cap map. I just challenge myself to get as many caps as possible. I've gotten 70 some in theville IV twice.
My game plan hasn't changed much though, I am just better at killing people so I can go further more often. I suppose I will eventually become like Ten Yard and just piss people off. I probably do it now, but I could do it more by stayng alive longer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i think there is an MG aroudn the corner, i send a team mate, if he gets wasted, i'll send another to see if he's still there. The guys gotta run outta ammo sometime...
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omgshovelyouinthebutt? wrote:
If i think there is an MG aroudn the corner, i send a team mate, if he gets wasted, i'll send another to see if he's still there. The guys gotta run outta ammo sometime...

Or you can get right behind someone when they open the door so when they try to back out they get mowed down while you hide behind him. Then when the enemy is reloading come out with a shovel.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[Sajak Inc] Frank Sajak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Er, a "dangerometer"? How has your game chang Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
Over the past month I've really changed the way I play the game and I've also developed some sort of new perception of some kind methinks.

Recently I find that as travel through a map, I can feel the level of danger rising and dropping as I turn corners, clear rooms, stick my head out from a balcony, dash across an open area, hear pairs of footsteps approaching, or even while being in a firefight. And when I do die I think "well, that figures...." If I spectate someone else, they might do something and I'll think "NO! DON'T DO THAT! GOOD GOD" As a result though, my K : D has increased but my caps have decreased methinks.

I find that I've also really changed the way I play the game over the past month. Instead of going for that temporary cap deep in your rival's zone, I'll play "asshole guerrilla" and take out as many as I can and relocate. I manage to piss of hundreds of players on Anzio like this (as Axis). Instead of capping the flag and getting killed, I've manged to give my team some leeway and mobility to cap the other flags easier while I can finally nab that last one if I'm still standing.

Congratulations you play like me. Dont get to good.
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive found that i die alot more. it keeps me on the edge of my feet...how many bullets can i get in me before i die
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My game has... been shut down . My school decided it needed to block the port used by the Ville and most other servers. There's a couple of pubs I can play on, but most of the time the competition is at a level where it's a waste of time. That and I have a massive project due in 3 days.... sleep is overrated.

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Er, a "dangerometer"? How has your game chang Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:

Asshole guerrila is my way of playing, however I find very important to cap flags. Very nice to be the spider and wait for victims, but capping flags is the way to win a map, especially on Anzio.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilGenius wrote:
My game has... been shut down . My school decided it needed to block the port used by the Ville and most other servers. There's a couple of pubs I can play on, but most of the time the competition is at a level where it's a waste of time. That and I have a massive project due in 3 days.... sleep is overrated.

Sa sad. Here, have a cookie.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mostly Harmless :/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I play the game has radically changed since you first introduced me to DoD, but you already know that Ten Yard. Before I used to be a pr0nestar/KAR whore, but as I've continued to play I've shifted more towards using guns like the STG44, Fg42 Zweinbein, the BAR and the Bren and trying (trying being the operative word) to get in the face of others.
I'm trying to become an 'asshole guerrilla' but I'm still a bit of an objective whore...I will go for a flag if I think I can take out anyone in my way, or the coast is clear, but I won't die to get an objective like I used to. I haven't developed a DoD spidey sense, but you get a sense for the patterns certain players like to use on a given map just by playing against them in a few matches.
Also I've adopted the tactic of using a meat shield, if I'm unsure of wether or not the coast is clear, I'll let someone else run ahead and get gunned down by an MG, then throw a primed nade at the MG, or try to catch him reloading with a shovel/knife.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: