FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Team Stacking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is all fine and good, and I've already seen this kind of topic previously in TFC, but you have to agree with me that a team trampling another is sure to happen even without concious stacking.

Unlike TFC though, there are not much clan members overtaking the DoD servers and playing together, and thus unbalance the teams.

Oh, and maybe by removing Flash from the rotation, you will solve one big problems of unbalanced teams.....

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually paddy there were a few clans that were doing that but they've been removed from our servers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I join a match in progress I always choose auto-assign, and go to the team that needs the most help. On map change I will often choose which team I play on merely because I have a preference which varies map to map. On some maps I like using a BAR, others an Fg42 Zweinbein, or a Bren, ect, ect.
I will however join a jonesing team if they're being steamrolled, as much fun as it can be to play with friends, it's not fun to play a match where the opposing team offers little to no challenge, and you just roll over them again and agian.
Steam stacking isn't an issue I've noticed much on the Ville's DoD servers, but I guess it's nice to see that steps are being made to make sure it isn't a problem.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly Harmless wrote:
Steam stacking isn't an issue I've noticed much on the Ville's DoD servers, but I guess it's nice to see that steps are being made to make sure it isn't a problem.

It was when this thread was started. I am very happy to see that the villuns have stepped up and turned things around. It has made for a lot more competitive games. People are also not dropping because they have no chance. They stick around because they know they can help their team

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Mostly Harmless wrote:

It was when this thread was started. I am very happy to see that the villuns have stepped up and turned things around. It has made for a lot more competitive games. People are also not dropping because they have no chance. They stick around because they know they can help their team

That was mostly because people who knew anything didn't want to play against the Sajak's. I played with them as many times as against them. It wasn't as much of a problem as them being on the same team as it was others who were more skilled being on their team because they were afraid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shovel Me Silly wrote:
Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Mostly Harmless wrote:

That was mostly because people who knew anything didn't want to play against the Sajak's. I played with them as many times as against them. It wasn't as much of a problem as them being on the same team as it was others who were more skilled being on their team because they were afraid.

In a quicker note stat whore's
[x|M]^X-RayCat

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all that stuff about sayin its as fun to kill em as to play wit em is a major thing in my clan, xm. i love to kill my main man, DuFFmAn, and then rub it in his face. lol it is sooooo great but when we are on the same team and saving each others butts all the time then it is just as great. haven't played on theville servers becuz of the ban for exploiting but on other servers, including our own server, its fun to do. oh and btw, 1.2 took away exploiting so therefore since that is the reason i was banned, could i be taken off the ban list becuz it is impossible to use now. thanx cuz many of my members play in ur servers and i want to play wit em. peace

Shovel God -x|M-XRayCat{GC} (36 kills with the spade)

3 days back and im back on top.... feels good to be on top
Turbo!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you take your request to the complaint dept. you will get a faster and more complete response. ty

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theville.org/complaints/

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
@RoYaL PuTz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IVE NOTICED THAT THE TEAMS R VERY UNEVEN SOME TIMES.AND EVEN THOUGH I ASK PEOPLE TO EVEN THE TEAMS NO ONE LISTENS #Fist
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a deed to society, please turn off your caps lock.

As a favor to me, please do not revive old threads.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it's sticky!!!

Sticky Threads can't die, because they are right there in your face staring at you.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHATEVER YOU DO. DO NOT POST HERE AND WITH CAPS LOCK ON!!111

I thought $tacking was an old tfc problem. I see stacking and sniper bitching still is around.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Turbo!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Die thread! Die!

#2gunfire {Thread}

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RouLeTTe
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww xray, you do luv me

yeah, team stacking hasn't really seemed to be an issue for quite a while, at least from what ive seen. yet another great thing about these servers
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: