FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Amazing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Amazing Reply with quote

I just got into dod about 2 weeks ago (on and off since it was first out). And is just scares the out of me the number of wall hacks and opengl hacks.

And no I am no noob to stuff like this. I re watched it later to see if I was wrong or right.

DoD is the new CS.

And yes i know you can shoot through a wall depending on the gun and yes the grande nacho gun does fire blanks.
Remmington

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all my time playing on the ville I, i have seen maybe 1 or 2 cheaters in the last year or so. I find the admins to be extremely useful.

Maybe you were just playing at a bad time in the day
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...i was playing dod with you last night DK...i didnt see any problems or any hackers...wasnt it i the one who kept killing you...? i r the hacker...hehehe...
AMBUSH BVA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you only hacked me vTEC. j/k
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen maybe 1 or 2 possible hackers on the ville. I don't really care how people kill me, though, so I rarely look into anything when I die.

Maybe you're just not used to the way the game works. 1 shot kills can seem like hacks sometimes. If you see someone hacking, record a demo and send it in to the complaint dept.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive seen a few...and kicked one as my short reign as admin on ville nine...head shotting all in a row an entire british team with an undeployed mg42...through a wall....so ya he got de boot...but most of my kicks have been language...only that was the only cheating kick ive done
Ten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a noob, I thought everyone was hacking. Whenever I was killed in such a way that didn't seem proper to me, I just freaked out and got really frustrated.

A week or so ago, I was having a knife fight on an empty server with one of my friends from town. After half an hour of carnage, a few other people started to join, my friend left and the map changed to Anzio. Being high off of godlike shovel dominance, I decided to only use a shovel for the next round.

Now, I went 30 and 9 with my shovel, I stalked these players around the whole map as if they never had a clue where I was. I've never seen more forgetful players in my life. They were obviously noobs, they easily forgot my patterns of movement and they couldn't shoot. They FREAKED out and were absolutely positive I was a hacker, telling me to leave and go play with other hackers... I use headphones, I could hear how far away they are, which direction they were situated and heading toward. I know the map inside and out. I know where the spawn points lead and where Allies tend to bunch up and where you can isolate and jump players the easiest.

So yes, it's basically a fact that I would have looked like a hacker if I were them. As I noob, it's difficult to understand these things. Everyone makes those long single shots with the BAR, everyone makes those triple headshots and unscoped Springfield strafing shots: they're simply flukes - just like in pool. It's just a part of the game that some kills look ridiculously unhuman.

I play at The Ville a lot (and virutally exclusively) and I can only name one person (who very rarely plays) that I suspect of being a hacker. There's some amazing players out there that make some extremely incredible kills, but before someone should cry 'OMG nice HAX' when something looks ridiculous, they should stop and think that they were just more or less - completely and utterly owned by someone who understands the game a lot better than they do.

Getting hit through a wall by any weapon - say, below the red rooms in the hotel near the Axis gun position - I'd call that a hack. But if you're shot through the British side double doors in dod_jagd or through any door in any map for that matter.. it's just like throwing a blind grenade and hitting someone. Same thing.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
Getting hit through a wall by any weapon - say, below the red rooms in the hotel near the Axis gun position - I'd call that a hack. But if you're shot through the British side double doors in dod_jagd or through any door in any map for that matter.. it's just like throwing a blind grenade and hitting someone. Same thing.

Exactly.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
I play at The Ville a lot (and virutally exclusively) and I can only name one person (who very rarely plays) that I suspect of being a hacker.

You think that powder is hacking also?
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aftershock wrote:
Ten Yard wrote:
I play at The Ville a lot (and virutally exclusively) and I can only name one person (who very rarely plays) that I suspect of being a hacker.

You think that powder is hacking also?

He said rarely plays...he's obviously talking about Rob sillie...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with dod is that it's extremely easy to suspect someone of hacking, even if they're not. Some guns can shoot through some walls, while others can't at all. Some shoot random bullets into odd places, while others can kill you by ripping off a single cell from your toenail.

The more-or-less realisticly textured and cluttered maps of dod also make it hard to tell from where or how a person shot you. When I played hardcore sniper a few months ago, people accused me of hacking all the time. The problem was that I could kill a guy that thought he was completely hidden and duck back behind a wall, so that he thought I not only had a wallhack, but possibly other hacks as well. Recent players however, have either gained some intelligence, or I've lost my touch :*(

So before accusing someone of hacking, check your surroundings and where he shot you from, or with what gun. If necessary, spec them for a final confirmation. Dod doesn't have nearly as many hackers as CS does, and hopefully it never will.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
MSE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've see a fair amount of hackers around various servers. Usually its pretty blatant and they're trying to get everyone on the server all angry - of course this happens more on underadmined servers. I wonder how many people use them though...wouldn't be too hard to hide a wallhack in DoD. I also wonder sometimes about some of the less obvious stuff like no-recoil - i've seen a few BAR guys go full auto from across the map standing up and take out 2-3 people. Could be skill I guess, but seems hard to do. I also figured DoD had the model skins locked, but such is not the case. You can color your player models bright orange if you want. While not outright cheating, this would give a major advantage.
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSE wrote:
I've see a fair amount of hackers around various servers. Usually its pretty blatant and they're trying to get everyone on the server all angry - of course this happens more on underadmined servers. I wonder how many people use them though...wouldn't be too hard to hide a wallhack in DoD. I also wonder sometimes about some of the less obvious stuff like no-recoil - i've seen a few BAR guys go full auto from across the map standing up and take out 2-3 people. Could be skill I guess, but seems hard to do. I also figured DoD had the model skins locked, but such is not the case. You can color your player models bright orange if you want. While not outright cheating, this would give a major advantage.

DoD does have model skins locked by default. It depends if the server operator has it on or not. Servers that have it locked will have a cvar mp_consistency 1 in their rules. If that is set to 0 then you can change the models.
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheating on dod is not nearly as bad as cs. dod just has more of the kills that seem impossible. i know sometimes i have killed someone and then thought to myself "wow that was bs that i killed the guy"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Violent Pacifist"]
Some shoot random bullets into odd places,
quote]

Gee - I Do That <ggg> #Splat

But Seriously though - How do you guys get used to the crosshairs being off oth barrel so much? I miss alot cause I am looking at the Barrell NOT the Crosshairs.

I shoot guns - you look down the barrell Not a far off distance?
Hey well any help sighting would be appreeciated!

See ya #Rainbow1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: