FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ns_blackhawk_b6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Ns_blackhawk_b6 Reply with quote

Well, I tried posting this at the NS mapping forums, and because I am not in the "leet" inner circle I got flamed, so I will post this here since I know I will get polite and respectful answers and feed back

I have just finished Ns_blackhawk_b6. I have done some detailing, and there is more work still to be done. I also seem to be getting a lag issuse in many of the rooms. Take a look at the map and let me know what you think, and suggestions on how to impove it and if you also get the lag issue (and if you are a mapper, if you have an idea on how to fix it)

forgot the link

http://216.239.129.154/clant001/ns_blackhawk_b6.zip
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent looked at the map but lag issues could be the total pollies that you've put into some of the rooms... HL has a really low map limit (800 I believe) when it comes to pollies. If you go above that then you may recieve lag depending on your platform.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm, omg, what a complete waste of bandwith posting that up here Black Hawk. Dude where in the heck did you come-up with such a crappy detailed map, I've seen puss-filled acne on a fat chicks behind layed-out better then this map !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you asked for it Truthfully you did a fine job Black Hawk
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeCies wrote:
Ummm, omg, what a complete waste of bandwith posting that up here Black Hawk. Dude where in the heck did you come-up with such a crappy detailed map, I've seen puss-filled acne on a fat chicks behind layed-out better then this map !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you asked for it Truthfully you did a fine job Black Hawk

Atually, I was flamed for wasting "valuable forum space" according to Thursday-. He flamed me both in the Forums and IRC saying that asking people to see if they can find an error that I can't and aksing for feedback and suggestions on details are both stricktly Newbie issuse do donot belong in the nsmapping forums.

But anyways, thank you SpeCies, I am glad you like it. Did you see the locker room? I have the name tags you made in there, along with the locker Rob recolored for me. They both worked out great!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently that person hasnt heard that getting comments/crits on a piece of art or work is necessary... Im sure he just started out god-like in his mapping techniques as well.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quotes from their forum FAQ.

What topics should I not talk about here?
Mapping questions that apply to basic Half-Life should be asked in the VERC Forums. Questions like "What's your favorite editor?" don't relate to Natural Selection and aren't appropriate for the forum. Asking for editor help is also not appropriate; see the section of this FAQ on Editor Questions to find editor-specific resources.

All of the forum rules apply to the Mapping Forums as well.
[ Return to top ]

What questions belong in the "NS newbie mapping" forum?
If you're trying to figure out how to use a Natural Selection mapping entity post in the newbie forum.
If you need help with a Natural Selection map feature, post in the newbie forum.
If you have a mapping setup or compile problem, post in the newbie forum.
Editor's note: The NS newbie mapping forum is for basic questions even if you have years of mapping experience. You will find it a kinder and gentler place to ask the sort of questions listed above.
===========================

Did you read the FAQ? or the forum rules?
They seem to be specific. there is also a newbie fourm, did you start there?

It would seem you have crossed their limits.

People who post complaints here get the same treatmeant, although we are polite and point them in the right direction...they obviously would rather make you feel like..@@@@...oh well, what do you expect from geeks...
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just DLed it and will look it over and give you a full critique BH. Congrats on all teh hard work. I am looking foward to playing on it!

/EDIT 1st -- lag issues: well, as far as I can tell there are no lag issues for me with a local game or online. FPS are steady and latency is no different from any other map; and zero choke... however this may change as more players get on the map. we will have to find out with a play test.

2nd -- general comments about map: i love the large rooms. I think this may give the marines an advantage, but that remains to be seen.

the secondary airlock is schweet. Does it jetison(kill) anything in the room if the switch is activated?

I like how the marine comm area can be sealed (to an extent, there is a vent that accesses it) from a frontal assault. It looks as if the two main doors to the comm area are too small for an onos to fit through? dunno yet...

There seems to be plenty of Resource nozzles. I like the Kharra research lab hive. the gorge hologram is nice. It looks like it is alive. The observation hive is gorgeous. The view is trememdous with the planet and the galaxy below.

3rd -- questions:

Are the various screens (hanging from the ceiling in the power core and the one big one) going to be active like in ns_bast with a screenshot of the destination flashing on them or something else?

Is there an overview map made yet? I couldn't pull it up with "c"

And that is about it. Great job with it all BH. I remember the earlier versions and I am proud to say that it has come along quite well! Keep up the great work and we will see if we can't set up a playtest on TVII real soon.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you like it. It must be just my computer with the lag. The door inth e marine start is hard to get into as an Onos. I will be fixing that in B7, along with adding more vents. I may make it so that the screens will show stuff when activated, but I need someone with graphic skill to help there. As for the airlock, anything that can move will be blown out the air lock. This is really fun if you trap an onos in there. Currently the marines have an advantage because of the room size, but the over all map size will work in the aliens favor, since they are much faster. As for the minimap, there is one, but I am not sure why it does not work right. Check your nsp/sprites/minimaps directory and see if it is in there, other wise, go into the map, set sv_cheats 1 and then type buildminimap in the console and it will make one. I will try to fix that. And finally, If you guys are interested, we can try it out on saturady at either TVII (I will send a .res file to Jcom incase peope try to download it from the server) or we can do it at the hunting grounds. Just let me know which one you guys would rather play at, and what the best time on saturday would be (I do not work, so all day should be good for me)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: