FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Who hosts DoD TheVille IV?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gremlin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Who hosts DoD TheVille IV? Reply with quote

Which server company hosts the DoD server 4? The hit registration is absolutly superb. Thanks.
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No server Co. It's hosted on a business T1. It's run by SilverOne, Merf and Danno.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the compliment.

And welcome to The Ville!

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf

Last edited by SilverOne on Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes i do like that. but it does annoy me when it shows that i get hit in the left arm once and die. and yet i swear i shoot people in the head and they live. crazy dod being so inconsistant.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo, thats no good at all =\

My clan is looking for a new company for our 14 man priv, and I'm not much of a pubber anymore, but someone how we ended up on The Ville servers, and it was a WORLD of difference from many of the servers hosted by different companies we've played on in our time. But if its not a real server company hosting it, then I reckon that idea is gone.

On another note, I'm not entirely sure whatever you are running this on can handle a 26 player server with tall the amx mods. I don't know if its the machine or the connection, but it was pinging higher on average than most other servers. I'm on a T3 in Virginia and one of my friends is on DSL in California, and we were both running around 60ms in netgraph which is ok, but then the ingame ping was 85 for me and 105 for him, which usually means its somthing on the server end with there being that big of a difference. I'd imagine with all the traffic it gets it needs the player slots though, but I think you could drop the pings if you felt you needed too.

Either way, it's still extraordinary to have a 26 man server + a load of extra amx mods and never a missed shot. If you ever decide to go into the server business, make sure to post it somewhere prominent.

Edit: And if this server is in Chicago, it's definatly somthing ping related on that end, because I am usually around 50 to all Chicago servers.
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the T1 provider we use for it. We have known for a long time they use a strange route. More hops than most providers which brings up the pings slightly. In fact, awile back we were doing traces to the ip address and it was showing from Texas when its actually in Chicago. I don't know if you have played on tv1.. but you will notice the pings there are alot lower than tv4 and run the same basic configuration. But.. I see some people on tv4 with a ping under 50.. I saw a couple 20's and teens the other night. So I guess it still comes down to what route you are getting to the server. It runs well.. so im happy.

Want to hear something funny... I get a higher ping to my server (tv4) which is only 8 miles away from my house than I do on tv1 which is 40 something miles away from my house.

The machine we use easily handles DoD. I can add many amx mods to it and it doesn't break a sweat.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: