FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Our Future with Big Brother

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Our Future with Big Brother Reply with quote

Imagine it's Super-Bowl Sunday, your preparing for the day's festivities when at the last minute you forgot to order the main-course,

Operator: "Thank you for calling Pizza Hut. May I have your..."

Customer: "Hi, I'd like to order."

Operator: "May I have your NIDN first, sir?"

Customer: "My National ID Number, yeah, hold on, eh, it's
6102049998-45-54610."

Operator: "Thank you, Mr. Sheehan. I see you live at 1742 Meadowland Drive, and the phone number's 494-2366. Your office number over at Lincoln Insurance is 745-2302 and your cell number's 266-2566. Which number are you calling from, sir?"

Customer: "Huh? I'm at home. Where d'ya get all this information?"

Operator: "We're wired into the system, sir."

Customer: (Sighs) "Oh, well, I'd like to order a couple of your All-Meat Special pizzas..."

Operator: "I don't think that's a good idea, sir."

Customer: "Whaddya mean?"

Operator: "Sir, your medical records indicate that you've got very high blood pressure and extremely high cholesterol. Your National Health Care provider won't allow such an unhealthy choice."

Customer: "Dang . What do you recommend, then?"

Operator: "You might try our low-fat Soybean Yogurt Pizza. I'm sure you'll like it."

Customer: "What makes you think I'd like something like that?"

Operator: "Well, you checked out 'Gourmet Soybean Recipes' from your local library last week, sir. That's why I made the suggestion."

Customer: "All right, all right. Give me two family-sized ones, then. What's the damage?"

Operator: "That should be plenty for you, your wife and your four kids, sir. The 'damage,' as you put it, heh, heh, comes to $49.99."

Customer: "Lemme give you my credit card number."

Operator: "I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid you'll have to pay in cash. Your credit card balance is over its limit."

Customer: "I'll run over to the ATM and get some cash before your driver gets here."

Operator: "That won't work either, sir. Your checking account's overdrawn."

Customer: "Never mind. Just send the pizzas. I'll have the cash ready. How long will it take?

Operator: "We're running a little behind, sir. It'll be about 45 minutes, sir. If you're in a hurry you might want to pick 'em up while you're out getting the cash, but carrying pizzas on a motorcycle can be a little awkward."

Customer: "How the heck do you know I'm riding a bike?"

Operator: "It says here you're in arrears on your car payments, so your car got repo'ed. But your Harley's paid up, so I just assumed that you'd be using it."

Customer: "@#%/$@&?#!"

Operator: "I'd advise watching your language, sir. You've already got a July 2006 conviction for cussing out a cop."

Customer: (Speechless)

Operator: "Will there be anything else, sir?"

Customer: "No, nothing. Oh, yeah, don't forget the two free liters of Coke your ad says I get with the pizzas."

Operator: "I'm sorry sir, but our ad's exclusionary clause prevents us from offering free soda to diabetics."

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would suck. What's next? Cars that talk back?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:

"Yes Michael"

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Stevo wrote:

"Yes Michael"

lol thats a good one,
But ya that would really suck no big brother!

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R O F L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRN !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:

"Yes Michael"

#Rofl

"Yes James"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeeez i order from there all the time i hope that NEVER has to happen with us.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our government would focus on other things such as, Limiting Child Birth, which in my opinion wouldn't be a bad idea, at-least it would put an end to the Cha-Ching sound every welfare mother hears every time she spreads her legs, as if it was a job or something Oops there I go again! Anyway Gelly, Welcome to America! Let's just hope it never comes to thing's like this!

GellyRoll wrote:
jeeez i order from there all the time i hope that NEVER has to happen with us.

Last edited by SpeCies on Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good god you can't be serious. Limiting childbirth is just as bad as what you were talking about....atleast what your talking about would never happen if you say it would then you are wrong wrong wrong. ACLU would have a fit if what you described actually ever happened. THe only reason why we don't have camera's like they do in London (to capture terrorist since they have a bigger problem than most realize). The ACLU has a fit every time the Super Bowl arrives because at the Super Bowl they instituted the camera and back ground scan system which they want to use in the US eventually but the ACLU is the only thing stopping them. As far as limiting childbirth to save on welfare well that is just silly. You would have to register yourself to the government so they could track how many children you have. What if one dies do you get to have another. If you have two do you get fixed and who all pays for this the government or you this if you have to pay for it raises your expenses which some can't afford and if the government pays for it then the rise of health care which is whole nother subject. Limiting childbirth has done little to nothing to stop the over population in China infact there population continues to rise despite the fact they are limitedin this area and why in gods green earth do you think it would work here. There are other ways to fix welfare in this country that don't limit the amount of children a couple can have.

Powder
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These things probably wont happen soon because it does interfere with human rights and all that.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpeCies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I remember that "should" was at first a "would" as I was using this as a "worse case scenario" but after writing it, it seemed to make sense in light of what has been in development for the past 20yrs by our military after they came up with the idea of wanting to find a way of systematical tracking every American soldier who are out fighting on a battlefield anywhere in the world. Oh good god right, just because you don't see something does not mean that it's not there powder!

*Human Implants*
Sure these products right now are being offered to the country as a means of child safety, medical identification purposes, but this is just the beginning. Just a general search brought these articles to the surface-

1)
ELECTION 2004 Dean pushed 'smart card' IDs

2)
VeriChip Implantable Identification-Technology

3)
Bio-chip implant arrives for cashless transactions

4)
ID World 2003:
The ID Revolution in the Real and Digital Worlds

*Forced Sterilizations*

1)
U.S. Court Battle Over Forced Sterilization

2)
Commentary; Forced Sterilization: a Stain on California

3)Sterilization and Sterilization Abuse

*National Civil Liberties Union*

As far as the ACLU goes, what they stand for, what they won't, is a two sided coin at times Powder. This is the same group that supports NAMBLA, which is nothing but a forum to educate men on how to perpetrate sick and illegal sex acts with young boys.

Here is an example of the work the great ACLU supports-

They requested a gag order in this case Curley v. North American Man-Boy Love Association.

The ACLU stepped in to defend NAMBLA, free of charge in a murder case that could have come out of a pedophilic snuff film. Two men, one of whom was a member of NAMBLA, lured 10-year-old Jeffrey Curley to a public library where they together accessed the groups site. After that they tried to force Jeffrey into a sexual encounter. When he resisted, one of the men muffled his cries with a gasoline soaked rag. Jeffrey died as a result of asphyxiating on the gas fumes, and both of his assailants are currently serving life sentences.

Tell me what kind of civil liberties are at stake when a child's rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness don't outweigh some perverts supposed right to make love to whomever he can lure into his car? You are preaching to me about a group that they say that though they defend the rights of the KKK to preach hate, they do not support racism ? Please give me a break will ya!

The ACLU are no better than those over dressed clowns who make up the N.A.A.C.P (striving to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of minority group citizens of the United States who are seeking a free ride courtesy of whitey) I am not some bigot trying to put down these groups Powder, I base my facts on statistics!

Johnnie Cochran, the lawyer who got O.J. Simpson acquitted now has a $1-trillion lawsuit against the U.S. on behalf of blacks whose ancestors were slaves. Maybe we should draw up a bill seeking restitution for the traveling expenses upon our cruise ships that we provided to them to get here to America to begin with ? America has literally nothing to apologize for in my opinion!

The truth is that Muslims were enslaving black Africans long before any slave ships sailed for the New World. Muslims were taking and making slaves all over the lands they had conquered. Later when the slave ships were loaded with black slaves often a Muslim slave broker had the human cargo all ready to go. The white Southerners rarely had to go into inland to capture these slaves, they were already waiting there courtesy of some Muslim ruler or slave broker! In many cases if the black slaves were not sent to America they were sent to the Mideast to be enslaved by Arabs, or kept by other black Muslims as slaves.

Only the white race sought to end it. England stopped slavery on its land in early 1722 and in 1833 banned it throughout Britain. The Royal Navy even was even used to try and stop the exportation of slaves from Africa to America. If anything, a Thank-you is in order for saving your butts from your Muslim captors!

All that I've heard since growing up and living up north most of my life was, It's "whitey's" fault that drugs are ravaging the black community. It's "whitey's" fault that millions of inner-city blacks still live in poverty. It's "whitey's" fault that all of these things are happening to blacks because of slavery. It's "whitey's" fault because "whitey is "keeping blacks down." And so on. If you ask me, these black and minority leaders need to get a new act. They are selling their own people into more poverty for failing to move ahead and better themselves without the help of these washed up radical groups from the 60's who are hiding behind politically correct names such as the ACLU, N.A.A.C.P, Rainbow Coalition, and any other damn group who has to manipulate history to suit they're personal needs at the expense of hard working Americans of all races.

So, please don't give me this "It won't happen in America crap" when it's already going on now as we speak.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're kidding yourself SpeCies. People are not powerless, and will not allow pizza delivery employees to have unlimited access into your profile. Such an extreme loss of liberty and privacy would be stopped way before it reached that point. Besides, it would be an immense security breach that would be avoided with common sense.

Right now we are seeing increased ID checks in vital places to avoid terrorism, and it is already under extreme questioning. If enough people became aggravated with ID measures, such as the person in your example, a politician could run as "herald of liberty" and win by a land-slide.
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:

"Yes Michael"

LOL! brilliant! evidently stevo's never seen knight rider lol!

Don't touch Turbo Boost! Something tells me you shouldn't touch Turbo Boost! #Rofl
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the one with the talking car? I think I saw it before. Wasn't it crushed in the end?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Is that the one with the talking car? I think I saw it before. Wasn't it crushed in the end?

God Bless You Blue Ruler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: