FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Survey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> The Ville Radio
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you listen to The Ville Radio more if......
The bitrate was lower.. less than 128.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
There were more live shows
50%
 50%  [ 18 ]
different music genres
47%
 47%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 36

Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{db}Blown65 wrote:
Would be cool if a chat room could be coded somehow so ppl listening could rant at each other. Give the DJ a hard time. Maybe just set it up to be on IRC at the same time or something.

People were in the IRC chat room during the broadcast. Before the next show it might be a good idea to post a link to it . Meat Juice was nice enough to do that for me so I could get in .

Maybe with a few DJ'd nights I think it might get some more peeps listening. Like Chen said this is a diverse group we have. It would be hard to match the selection that Frag has though if others were to DJ. Not to say that no one else should. Just those that do should have a big collection stored up on their hard drives to be prepared for the requests when they come, heheh.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More live shows would be great

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
Speaker for the Dead wrote:
i have a long list of artists i like

some are named in krc post but here are my top ten not including some that are on krcs

1. Darude
2. Zombie Nation
3. Daft Punk
4. Fragma
5. Laut Sprecher
6. Alice Deejay
7. Lazard
8. Plummet
9. Lasgo
10. Amber
...got a lot more but i limited myself to ten

Are those bands

yeah they are bands but a few are just solo artists...like i said i like wait no i love techno and listen to it whenever possible

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Little Miss Hurt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I picked ...different music genres...

I know everyone likes different types of music - and thats ok...

However...

And you guys can chastize me if you want but Remember ... #Evil Bat

I'M THE ONE WITH THE WHIP.... and I LIKE IT WHEN YOU HURT...theehe #Vamp

Ok - I was listening to the Ville Radio - you are doing a fine job - and here plays a RAP Song. #Cussing out

Well to make the story short... the Ville Radio was turned off and has not been on since. I just don't see how I can listen to great songs - be relaxed, and then WHAM #Bluegrab Your Head Explodes #Shocked with this obtrusive stuff - I refuse to call it music -

So I think you should have something that will seperate types of music.

Ok - thats my rant... #Onfire

Have a Wonderful Day. #Rainbow1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Miss Hurt wrote:

I'M THE ONE WITH THE WHIP.... and I LIKE IT WHEN YOU HURT...theehe

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have to agree wit miss on a few points first pain+u= #Rotcol

second rap IMO isnt music at all but someone trying to talk very fast for no reason...(they should be given permission to talk in the first place)

but as i say what ever floats ur boat is fine by me as long as if doesnt make me unhappy then im kool wit it

third i really like miss hurts idea of seperating the the dif music genre

oh yeah and #Onfire #Onfire #Onfire i like fire #Silly

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some are named in krc post but here are my top ten not including some that are on krcs

1. Darude
2. Zombie Nation
3. Daft Punk
4. Fragma
5. Laut Sprecher
6. Alice Deejay
7. Lazard
8. Plummet
9. Lasgo
10. Amber

very much my style of music... although i wouldnt put alot of them in my top 10 (some artists have been way too overplayed for me to truly appreciate them anymore)...i like em all.
Vicoden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rap is to music what an auctioneer is to music. I voted for more live shows. Way too many diferent kinds of people to please, much easier to request a style of music you want to hear.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More POLKA'S for KRG He Like POLKA'S & More disco for BRN and More Backwoods Ozark Music for JD.
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet wrote:

1. Darude
2. Zombie Nation
3. Daft Punk
4. Fragma
5. Laut Sprecher
6. Alice Deejay
7. Lazard
8. Plummet
9. Lasgo
10. Amber

very much my style of music... although i wouldnt put alot of them in my top 10 (some artists have been way too overplayed for me to truly appreciate them anymore)...i like em all.

i know some of them have been overplayed but i still get my groove thing on whenever i hear darude sandstorm

FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these are on the station

Fear Factory
Coheed and Cambria
Dream Theater

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The difficult thing is trying to reach a large scope of people with the selections. I won't do a classic rock station because no one who isn't over 30 would listen. I won't do an alt/nu metal station because no one over 35 would listen either. Other formats don't fit in with rock. Formats like rap, hip hop, electronica or even trance would turn off the majority of listeners.

Take Rod Stewart for example. Most of the older crowd (and we do have them) probably likes his early stuff from the early 70's. Most kids under 24 are saying what, who and why is he on?

Mars Volta is a band I love. I guarantee that a lot of people don't like the sound of this band. If you hate something that comes from the Yes and King Crimson type of music. If you hate songs with quick tempo changes and go over 7:00. You'll hate this band then. I played a song by this band on purpose at the end of my first show. The server dropped from 15 to 6 by the end of the 7 minute song. The highest jump was when I played YMCA. What's wrong with you people?

Rock and Roll encompasses many different types of genres. I try to represent these types of Rock on this station

1965-1969 - Late 60's/Psycadelia (Beatles, Stones and Doors)
1970-1976 - Classic Rock (Led Zep, Pink Floyd), Southern Rock (Skynyrd) and Progressive Rock (Yes, King Crimson)
1977-1982 - Late 70's rock (Kiss, Cheap Trick), Brit Rock (The Police), and some Punk (Ramones)
1983-1990 - Rock (Van Halen), Metal (Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax) and Glam/Hair Metal (Poison, Warrant)
1991-1996 - Grunge (Nirvana, Pumpkins, STP) and Metal (Pantera, Fear Factory)
1997-2004 - Nu-Metal (Creed, Staind), Rap Rock (Korn), Garage Rock (White Stripes)

I can say (not trying to be arrogant) that my musical knowledge of Rock probably beats 98% of the population. Kids don't know anything before 1997 (they think the early 90's was the stone age), older people don't know today's music. I consider myself lucky that my dad had me listening to music since I was born. I was able to hear music new at five years old (back in 1978) when The Police, The Cars, The Pretenders and Elvis Costello were new. Most people back then would rather do the Y-M-C-A. Those same people today would rather listen to Milkshake (THE MOST POPULAR BAD SONG IN YEARS) than listen to Coheed and Cambria or Queens of the Stone Age.

The point is that I don't want to have a specific type of station nor do we need to put up a station for each format. It's a waste of bandwidth (server wise) and it's segmented for the few. Selecting songs is both easy and hard at the same time. The segmented styles can easily be done in a live radio show.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frags milkshake brings all the boys to the yard... thats right its better than your. damn right its better than yours.

couldn't resist sorry.

and whats with 91-96 crap on fear factory, they got a enw cd coming out in a few months ( minus dino though )

and frag are you sure ytou weren't the music geek on the show beat the geeks?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think on the overall that a lot of people want to hear a lot of Fear Factory. I'm trying to find the happy medium.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet wrote:

1. Darude
2. Zombie Nation
3. Daft Punk
4. Fragma
5. Laut Sprecher
6. Alice Deejay
7. Lazard
8. Plummet
9. Lasgo
10. Amber

i know some of them have been overplayed but i still get my groove thing on whenever i hear darude sandstorm

yeah. that gets me movin too. although when they play 'better off alone' ill listen to it, but still think over played. i think it was when i saw it performed live at a club here in dallas (very weird, i might add) and when everyone knew the words, that i realize that even techno and trance can sell out.
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about putting the radio button on the first page (home) ?

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> The Ville Radio All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: