FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
voice in the new tfc

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tacoprez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLC here code named 1shot 1kill, Leader of the Newly formed Born Losers Clan (working on the site now however I am having problems setting up the the voice in the tfc could one of you nice chaps want to come out and tell me out to set up the #$%@#$%@#$ thing please (what was that a rifle bolt being pulled back ?)
any assist would be greatly appreciated

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the in game player speech?

Isn't it Jar Jar Binks?

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
tacoprez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you know when you push a key and can speak to other players listed below is a look at my autoexec.cfg for the game
{bind 1 slot1
bind 2 slot2
bind 3 slot3
bind 4 slot4
bind 5 slot5
bind 6 slot6
bind 7 slot7
bind 8 slot8
bind 9 slot9
bind 0 slot10
voice_dsound 1}

by the way can I put different messages in the above mentioned voice slots ?
and I do have windows xp (please don't hate me)

one more thing, I told you he had a speech impediment blblblblblblblblblblbll ehhh meee outtta here ! time for ouchies

kazebari?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i thought you meant a new "voice" as in person in tfc or the ville. When you started out with "BLC, aka 1shot 1kill, former of clan BLC, etc" I thought when you said "voice in tfc" I thought you meant you were a new person, or a voice to tfc.

My bad. lol
stupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm, not sure what you are looking for as far as your autoexec, but to bind a key so that you could talk you could do this:

bind <key> +voicerecord

I have mine bound to "q" and it works quite nicely.

Also, something I would suggest, in console set this command:

voice_overdrive 5

you may have to raise or lower that number, but basically what that does is make it so that when someone is talking their voice is louder than the game noises. That's important on maps with lots of spam so that you can still hear your team mates.

This is all assuming you have a working mic and a full duplex sound card. Sorry if that is not what you're looking for, if not just be a little more specific as to what you are looking for and I'm sure someone on this forum could help you out.
tacoprez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey bud at this point I'll take anything, what I want to do is use the mic that I have to have live conversation in the game I think you can do that

RF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you could just go into controls and just bind a key to the "use voice communication"
tacoprez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is I did do the bind thing and I can be heard and sometimes I can get speaker sound back but that is just about it. do I really need roger wilco to do this ?

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go through all your basic control setups on all the different pages as you first start team fortress / audio options,name and spray part, and controls.Check all boxes referring to sound type options.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
F^B^I

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo hoo its so gd
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: