FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is it News or just <Psychological Ware fare>

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeCies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Is it News or just <Psychological Ware fare> Reply with quote

You know, these terror based sects such as Bin-Laden and his network of false-Prophets really have impacted our society and the basic foundation of what this country stands for as far as virtues like Freedom is concerned.

We are reminded constantly every night while watching our local news networks of "what level our nations security is" and when it's raised.

They tell us that these terrorists are studying our ways and lifestyles trying to find out any loop-hole that they can as means as carrying out an attack here etc. when really all they have to do to find this information out is to tune into any one of our news networks and there they can find out thing's like Airport Security, Alert status, Our plans surrounding special events such as, What they plan on doing around this country in our preparation for our New years eve celebration in NYC and probably as well in other metropolitan cities like "NV, Ca,Pa".

We hear about these terrorists possibly detonating a Nuclear Waste based device called a "Dirty Bomb" on US soil all the time. This device effects will basically effect those around ground zero killing them by the explosives blast that is used to disperse the waste and not the radiation it contains <well that is if you were not directly near it>.

The main idea behind it is the psychological effects of it upon the world more than the effects. What's funny to me as well as obvious is that Al Qaeda has not detonated any such device.

Why are we so paranoid then acting just as if they did so ?

Our own news broadcasts are suiting the needs of these bastards just fine with all of their their nightly news casts detailing our means of counter-terrorism. Our nations security agencies like the (NSA, C.I.A) boast about what intelligence data that they obtain through what is labeled as "Chatter" among the terrorist community while they tune in to ours via Fox, (MSNBS,CNet)

I might be just jumping the gun here I know. It's better to be safe than sorry. But I think that this info should not be broad casted over our national television network as it is. I know that allot is left out and that it's not everything but if you ask me, it's just enough to keep our country on the edge !

Keep this info for only those who are in the need to know population (Law Enforcement, Fire&Rescue, Government agencies) the populous is already skit-so as it is
osiris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad is the head manger for the Hillsbrough county water dept, and what scares me is they send all goverment agenices a news letter (email) every week with updates on the terror alert, Like you said they do keep alot of the stuff outta the news, for example one week they got a email Informing them to be on the Look out for suspious UPS workers, make sure they have all there creditanals and papers? Why would they send all the goverment agenices a warning to watch out for UPS workers without some kind of tip to tip them off to it? Another email if it was put on the news i could see how it could create a national panic attack, It was to all the goverment water departments discussin the Potenial and likelyhood of an attack it was like 5 pages long full of differnt ways the Terroist could attack our Water Departments, What scared me the most was they were talkin bout how the terriost could Rent a house Tap into the water main connect a pump powerfull enuff to back pressure synaide into the fresh water (not hard city water only 30psi) , it wouldint kill everyone on that water grid just people who within a few blocks of the house, Could you imagine it one morning you wake up and everyone on your block who drank / showerd with that synaide water would be dead and by the time they traced it back to the source theyd be long gone, wanna talk bout pysiogical
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats some low city water pressure. Must be a pretty flat town, but in anycase it would be very easy to do what you described even if the water pressure was 200 psi since all you have to be is a little higher and you become the source of water and you can pump it into the system. Kinda like blowing air into a balloon. Most systems though have backflow prevention and its a little more difficult than just hooking up a hose and start pumping since a one way valve will stop it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the Y2K bug, wasn't that great fun to watch people scurry for water and food because they thought it was the end and all sorts of bad stuff was on the verge of happening....
osiris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey blown i talked to my dad and what u said is not intirly correct, Florida is flat so we pump our water between 30-40psi and there is NO backflow prevention for RESIDENTAL, unless your connected to city water and have a well that you use for irrigation then you have to backflow prevention. They only use backflow prevention For industiral and commerical
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok, different in that state. Thats what I said though, must be flat there to only have 30-40psi. Not a big deal though cause its still easy to get around both backflow prevention and high pressure.

Oh ya, I work on wells for a living, for about 13 yrs, I know quite alot about water.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vicoden

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question for you all......when the terror alert level is raised how many of you go about your day more vigilant looking for suspicious activity. My guess is not too many, I know I don't, I forget about the whole thing till I hear it an hour or so later on the radio or T.V. Americans are way too fast paced, between work and kids and work and food shopping and more work and so on....

IMO they should forget about publicly announcing this alert level because I think we are better off not worrying about all of this. There are many people in this country that freak out about stuff like this and I think this does more harm than good. Its kinda like an assasination attempt, If someone is determined enough to give up their life to take someone elses they are almost impossible to stop. These goof-balls are a tough and determined enemy, they may live in caves and shit where they eat, but don't think that they don't know how to play the bluff card and get around anything we try to stop.
RushEm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of that stuff is pretty interesting when you think about it. There are a lot of ways a terrorist can do his stuff. Only a few may be practical however.

--===RUSH===--
SpeCies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took some time to come-up with a way to fashion a usable piece of clothing into something such a "Shoe Bomb" where lighting the lace that had rocket fuse embedded with-in. I'd like to see somebody sitting next to me on a plane even think about doing that crap cause I'd probably would lean over, sit back into seat, take a swig of my beer, then smack em upside they're head "What's -a- matter wit cha Boy"blow your ass up later

What next, Al-Qaida Obesity Camps- where they actually gather up the homeless who are starving and then force feeding them for 12 hrs turning them into walking "Human Internal- Combustion Bombs (H.I.B.'s) Shit Happens #Crazy #Crazy

RushEm wrote:
Some of that stuff is pretty interesting when you think about it. There are a lot of ways a terrorist can do his stuff. Only a few may be practical however.

--===RUSH===--

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: