FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
C & C needed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: C & C needed Reply with quote

Okay, before I go any farther with this I need some serious C & C. So, many of you probably saw the M16A4 I made for American Special Forces a couple of weeks ago - maybe two? Anyway, Ive started to texture the A4 and heres what I have thus far. Note: duck tape is on the front heat guard and butt of the rifle and it still need some work. The clip has been scratched up a bit, although I dont really know what should and shouldnt be scrached on the gun..... Would they even allow weapons to have some areas scratched? I dunno... Anywayeverything is still WIP so C & C away.

Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the clip looks better from the initial modeling, is the the complete skinning? the duct tape if it is the basic stuff is too dark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, duct tape is a little grayer and has more of a silvery tone to it. aside from that it looks damn good.

edit*

now that ive thought about it a little more it could be some sort of grip tape, much like the hockey tape. that would be better anyway for actual practical use than duct tape figuring as duct tape is smooth and grip tape actually improves grip. if you are going to change it to a grip tape just make the texture on it a little more rough. ill try to get a pic of some sort of grip tape to give you a general idea. i use alot of it with my paintball gun and such and it works.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey potato, I dont care what anyone says, that model is damn good, and better than i could ever make lol.

Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamepro65 wrote:
Hey potato, I dont care what anyone says, that model is damn good, and better than i could ever make lol.

its not what we can do its what we want ( and if potato can do it) if you always say good good yes yes than nothing gets learned. thats a problem i ahve at school

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many maps are you allowed? is that the specular map there? or the bump?

It looks a lot better than the first one you posted a bit back...and yes I would think it would have scratches on it if it had seen action. Things get scuffed and scraped against things all the time, it can't be helped. It adds to realism either way, a model too clean and pristine looks fake....real life is full of accidents and dirt and rust, the more of it the more people identify it with reality. People with naturally reject anything that looks too pretty as computer generated.

Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Ill post up another updated version soon. No I havent used any other maps (other than just normal image maps) and working the bumbs, lights, shadows and such into the texture for the model. I thinkIm going to use ducktape because thats what Ive seen in many differnet pictures - from Iraq and so forth. I know for a fact that they use ducktape on the butt of the rifle however Im not sure where else they use it. Anyway, another update in a few minutes.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice IMO. You should add more chips and scratches on the sides, butt, and handle.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Ive worked through the gun and textured a lot of it - I still need to work in detail in some parts however. Check the first image that I posted for the update.
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at it and I think it would look a little more realistic if the buttstock and heat guard were darker along with the barrell. Around the trigger and where the clip is inserted there seems to be a LOT of wear and tear in that area which isn't normal even if your jumping out of planes and fighting charlie And things like rust aren't all that common on military weapons espically personal arms whenever they get the chance they break them down and clean them which may be never on a single mission or whatnot but when they return it will be oiled and such.(However im not in the military you could try asking someone who is and get them to tell you im wrong ) Even with oiling there will be some wear on the barrel and there is sure to be some on the bolt and SOME on the bottom and top of the clip not as much on the sides as in that model though....thats just my 2 cents otherwise the shape of the gun is fine all it needs is a little darker image and a few less dings
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically I was actually working on some of the points without even knowing you mentioned them kason . Anyway, another update look at the first image once again.
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is ware the clip gets attached to the gun not textured because there will be an empty space therewhen the clip is removed or whay?

it looks nice
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its there, untextured but its still there. Thats one part that I still have to finish.
=USV-TSGTAJ-USV=

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Ar-15 Reply with quote

I am in the service and have never seen duct tape on the muzzle guard. Usually the but stock is beat up and also around the trigger and trigger guard. Special forces guys have camo tape wrapped around the muzzle guard and but stock. I hope that helps you out man.
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is this C and C to which you refer?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: