FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DOD question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: DOD question Reply with quote

Just a question but is there a cheat out there that can make your shots not count as much...for example i shot this guy point blank range with a KAR and it went down to only 40% instead of killing him it was really wierd...and my bayonet kills in the neck, chest, and head area were only count 40% instead of 90% to 100%. Just curious.

Powder
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was having this occur too. i had no problem killing anyone else, but i would shoot him with a kar98 and he never seemed to die on first shot. i just attributed it to bad playing, but maybe i shouldnt have.
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was the guy's name? Mayhaps we need to keep an eye on him.
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh..so that happened to both of you..? maybe he does have something then..
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're on the subject of cheats, anyone aware of one that doubles your attackers hit points. Meaning, usually when your killed, you would see how many hit points the attacker had. You know 100 or less, but I've seen three different people sometimes 180 plus. Just wondering.
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't believe hacking the game to double a person's life points is possible in HL. If it was, I think that it would be so noticeable that Valve or the DoD staff would act immediately and post something about it. It's most likely a glitch in the counting system.

Did you see that 180 life in the attacking box, or the victims box?

If it was in the victim's box, then that can easily be attributed to this:

If you kill someone you deal at least 100 dmg. (kar can do more) But let's say you do 100 damage. So that's 100 on the counter.

If they respawn and come back at you, and you two trade blows...

You deal 60 dmg to him, he survives.

He deals 100 dmg to you, you die.

so you have dealt a total of 160 damage to him over two lives.

On the melee thing, that happens to me a lot. Sometimes my garand butt will only do 60 damage instead of the norm insta-kill. I think it's because when I aim at the head/neck area I miss and instead hit the upper arm, which wouldn't do the insta-kill.

And the kar not killing in one point blank shot has happened to me several times against various respectable players (such as shockwave)

So, my cry is "omg dumb bugs in half-life hitbox system!"
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet wrote:
i was having this occur too. i had no problem killing anyone else, but i would shoot him with a kar98 and he never seemed to die on first shot. i just attributed it to bad playing, but maybe i shouldnt have.

ok, who was he? I'm playing every nights, so I'm sure to ran into him some day

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the problem is probably with the new dod version. i have shot many people before with the kar and not killed them. these would have most likely killed them on the old version. the kar doesnt seem to be as good as it used to be. or maybe i just suck more than i used to.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kar's accuracy has been decreased. That's all.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your probably right, just a glitch. The hit point values I'm questioning, were seen when I, mutilated peon, dropped back into deathcam or spectator mode.
I'd like to think nobody cheats and I just suck. If its's one thing I think I can say about the Ville servers, you rarely see anything that's questionable.
In the past two months, I honestly can say I've only seen one blatant cheat. He swore that he developed his Superman flying abilities because he cursed in chat. The glitch in the server's profanity filters enabled him to fly with the greatest of ease.
I replied that I didn't think the server had a profanity plugin and maybe he should leave with his hack before he embarrassed the team with having a cheater on board.
I've seen the guy several times since the incident and I always laugh to myself when he's the first to cry "Cheater" about some other guy who just owned him.
Azrael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, if someone likes to cuss, I usually give them a little uberslappage, which, like red bull, gives you wings. Sometimes when I've uberslapped people, I have to tell everyone they're not cheating, cause I'll usually hear alot of gasps and whatnot.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
actually, if someone likes to cuss, I usually give them a little uberslappage, which, like red bull, gives you wings. Sometimes when I've uberslapped people, I have to tell everyone they're not cheating, cause I'll usually hear alot of gasps and whatnot.

Isn't that amx_grabass that results in the gasps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
Isn't that amx_grabass that results in the gasps

Weeeeeeeelllll......................................Yes, but those are the good kind!
Docano

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such hack or exploit available today that gives a player increased health or weapon immunity. The closest thing you can do is tweak your net settings to make you harder to hit (in the process, you make it more difficult for you to land shots too). I've found several people in CAL-I, for example, who set their cl_cmdrate to 10, which makes you skip around and make it look like you have a 500 ping or something. Still, that's not cheating or exploiting. It's just being goofy.

Next time you play and your shots aren't landing on someone, record a demo of the gameplay. After the map is over, watch your demo, and I'm sure you'll see why your shots didn't land.
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

normally i wouldnt complain that people dont die when i shoot them, but it was this one guy in particular that 2 or 3 of us on the team couldnt seem to kill without an excessive amount of shots - we could kill everyone else ok. i dont remember the person's name because i didnt think much of it at the time (although im sure is in my server logs somewhere). i only bring it up now because powder has the same problem. oh well, maybe i was just unlucky with the shots on him. maybe not. ill have to wait until it happens again to see.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: