FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DoD_Charlie Idea

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should DoD_Charlie have paratroopers at the south side of the map?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
No
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Darkstar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: DoD_Charlie Idea Reply with quote

i was playing on tv4 tonight, the map being charlie, and as usuall, all of the allies were complaining because of how unfair the map is.

so i thought of an idea... since on june 6th, the paratroopers were already inland, they should have it so that there is also paratroopers that can spawn from the rear of the axis. so that all of the krauts can't pick people off 1 by 1 on the beach.

what do you guys think about this idea?
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooohhhhhh, sneaky!! I like the idea, but I think the number of paras would definitely have to be small.
Mulder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map would be a very good, balanced map if there were sniper limits, or no snipers at all, but that is a nice idea.
Darkstar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, limited number of snipers, and a limited number of paratroopers, i think it would balance out the map quite well
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to move this to the DOD forum.

JD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a sniper restriction not long ago. The consequence was that allies spawned facing mgs, grenadiers, and 2 snipers, while having only 2 snipers trying to take them down all. And when one of this snipers was a novice.... If allies were having enfield I don't think I would complain though....

*edit: Oh, another thing.... allies are mostly complaining of this map mostly because it ruins their k/d score.... To be honest, I never play axis on Charlie, so believe me I know about this aspect, and IMO allies are winning this maps easily. Stats whores are playing axis on this map

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I think just about any time I have ever played the D-Day maps the allies end up winning. It always seems like you are losing cause you get killed ten times more often, but I think they are tough maps for Axis to actually win.

But I do like the Paratrooper idea. Even if it was just one guy. That would add a sort of random element to it, where you wouldn't know whether you were going to spawn as cannon fodder on the beach, or be the lone "behind enemy lines" soldier your whole team is counting on. If DoD_charlie can't be changed in this way, maybe this is a good idea for a different map entirely.

FD

Edit: Paddy, I just saw your edit. Yeah, that is true. It probably wreaks havoc on your stats. But so what, we don't care about stats...right? Right? Anyone? Anyone?
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got snipers limited to 4 on TV9. It actually plays well on Charlie that way. Of course no one plays on 9...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it a little time, by your post you just reminded me it existed I forgot to put it in my "favorites" so I could not see it...

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea. Someone would have to get someone that worked on DoD maps and have them do it, or just completely rebuild the map.

I wonder if they can make that a server-side entity or something...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always play axis (on any map), so my playing axis on charlie does not make me a stat h0r.

edit: adding allied paratroopers would just make the map even more unbalanced. The allies win almost all of the time.
Darkstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adding paratroopers would balance out the killing portion of the map. but it is fairly easy for an allie to sneak through all the tunnels and find the objective, so maybe they should also make it a little simpler once your in axis territory.

and only the allies should have access to tnt. cause it would be too easy for the allies to win if the paratroopers had tnt as well.
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is shocky? I know me and him went allies on that map a few times and slaughtered the axis. If the Allies camp, they lose, u get the whole team racing up the beach, its game over for the axis. You get 1-2 snipers on allies, some thompsons, and sent a garand or two to the bunkers, however, when i do play axis it is rather unfair. If u stand by the camo in the bunkers and shoot out the side as they run up, not much u can really do. Cept when they toss nades in But i do like tha paratrooper idea, say like once they take a landing zone or something. Still have to work youre way up the beach though, hooah!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i figured that the paratroopers should come from the south as apposed to the north, because on d-day, the paratroopers were already inland. so if they were to attack those positions, it wouldn't be from the same place as the infantry would be coming from
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: