FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Freedom of speech
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Freedom of speech Reply with quote

How far do you guys think freedom of speech should go? Personally potato dont really mind freedom of speech, it never hurts to see all POV. The only reason why potato ask is this:

Potato's opinion of dell was recently expressed in my MSN name (note do not take offense - potato mean none its just MO) Dell - the idiots solution to buying a computer. Now, potato's cousin and his family recently bought a dell, they were ... upset that potato had potato's name a certain way. Now, is that really bad? Potato doesnt really think so... But whats your opinion on the matter? Also, whats your opinion on how far free speech should go?

<TVB>Potato

Last edited by Potato-VS- on Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Freedom of speech Reply with quote

Potato-VS- wrote:
How far do you guys think freedom of speech should go? Personally i dont really mind freedom of speech, it never hurts to see all POV. The only reason why I ask is this:

My opinion of dell was recently expressed in my MSN name (note do not take offense - I mean none its just MO) Dell - the idiots solution to buying a computer. Now, my cousin and his family recently bought a dell, they were ... upset that I had my name a certain way. Now, is that really bad? I dont really think so... But whats your opinion on the matter? Also, whats your opinion on how far free speech should go?

<TVB>Potato

I approve of freedom of speech, but I also feel that you must accept the consequences of your right. If you yell fire in a crowded theater and people become injured, you should have civil and criminal proceeding against you. If you say to someone else that you have intentions of killing someone very high in this country, don't be surprised if the secret service or FBI come knocking on your door.

As for your situation, even though I don't agree with what you said, I feel it is just that they are upset that you have insulted their recent decision and actions. You have effectively called your cousin and his family idiots. I would be upset if someone insulted myself and more so my family.

To sum up my talk, just face the consequences of your actions, maybe even go as far as explain to them why you feel that way.

P.S. I am surprised you are not talking about yourself in the third person in this post.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People should be allowed to say what they want, anything. But if you say something that is meant to insult someone or something like that, you should use common sense. Like Shockwave said, you should accept the consequences of your words.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato doesnt know WHAT your talking about. Potato ALWAYS referes to himself in the third person no matter what. . Potato agrees with the if it hurts someone bit - then your taking it too far - but potato's not going to change potato's name just because they dont agree with it - potato's cousin has contraversial names and the devil (french one or something) as his e-mail address (potato doesnt take offense to either but just shakes his head).

<TVB>Potato
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh potato should also mention that he had a warning in his name:

* * * If you dont like what Im saying dont look here * * *

<TVB>Potato
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo's confused now.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the same name - my name was
Quote:
* * * If you dont like what Im saying dont look here * * * Dell - the idiots solution to buying a computer...

<TVB>Potato
PondScum007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i thought you had done something really controversial, no offense heh... kinda silly to get offended by a SN like that, methinks... i dont think its out of line, and if they bought a dell AND were upset by that, then well maby
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me thinks potato is in need for a good mashing...so which is it with skin or without?
`RaphX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear - it seems you have gotten mixed up in quite a Dellicate matter.
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely with! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, tasty!
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of you guys talking in the third person...STOP HANGING OUT WITH JCOM!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato isn't hanging out with this "JCOM" you speak of. Potato changed his name - he got bored and changed it to the liberated republic of potato .

<TVB>Potato
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRG has not seen JCOM in some time. He wishes he could break off some iron in his head..

KRG is glad to have the freedom to make that statement.

The KRG has spoken.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Negative Creep

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let's see Freedom of Speech, huh, I wonder what that coud mean?

It means what it says free to speak, I don't see anything saying, "except not about this or this or them or those".
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: