FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Forum Suggestion: The STEAM VENT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we have a "STEAM VENT"
Hell Yes! I get so mad at STEAM sometimes I could spit!
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Nah! It won't do any good anyway.
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
WTH is STEAM anyway?
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
No more stinking polls, OK!
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: New Forum Suggestion: The STEAM VENT Reply with quote

I think we need a new forum called "The STEAM VENT" where one can blow off steam about STEAM when it is screwing up (which is all too often).

This would not be a complaint department about the Ville or it servers or patrons, but to #Cussing out about STEAM.

Like last night when I couldn't start STEAM at all. After the update last night it would start and put an item on the taskbar and then stop responding. I wanted to play last night but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I tried deleting (well renaming) ClientRegistry.blob etc, but to no avail. Well they must have fixed it because it is working this morning, but I was about to go ballistic. Hehehehehehehehehehehe

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
Negative Creep

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I do admit it would be nice for alot of people to Vent about Steam somewhere other than the Steam forums.

But if you are going to post a problem, post it in a reasonable tone, none of that, "OMFG WTF IS WITH STEAM IT'S SO G*Y, IT KEEPS GIVING ME THIS". Just post all that Steam hate stuff after the question so we can understand what you're saying so we can help you faster and better.

If you are going to have something like that at least make it some what understandable, unlike the Steam forums where you have to sit there for hours sifting through rant posts just to find the answer to your problem .
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why here and why not on steams support page where they as far as giving support goes is next to none. Bastages forgot where they came from and who put their egotistical butts there to begin with us <The TF Community>

Welcome to the wonderful world of Forced Beta Testing.. Who will be patting theirselves on their backs after all is said and done with Valve will that is who!
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeCies wrote:
Why here and why not on steams support page where they as far as giving support goes is next to none. Bastages forgot where they came from and who put their egotistical butts there to begin with us <The TF Community>

Welcome to the wonderful world of Forced Beta Testing.. Who will be patting theirselves on their backs after all is said and done with Valve will that is who!

Ya, the steam forums are a total waste of time. I filed a help email quite some time ago and never heard crap back. #Fist Steam and #Fist Valve for all I care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Negative Creep

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed the Steam forums are almost a complete waste of time. But I and another are working on ideas to make them better, hopefully they'll be put into affect and we can go there for ALL our Steam needs.

Also you can get very useful information off those forums guys, you just have to do a little looking, you can't just expect it to pop out right in front of you, unless it's a sticky .

Or one of my bullets BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -breathe- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

-clears throat- Okay, I'm done.
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah why do people whine? Its only a game geeze. Potato has never had any problem with steam (other than dling the install/setup files - took a while but it was worth it).

<TVB>Potato
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negative Creep:

I am not wanting a place to deal with problems, there are the Steam forums for that (although of questionable helpfulness) I just want a place where I (we) can yell real LOUD -- "STEAM SUCKS" and everybody can give a group hug and say "yeah STEAM SUCKS" we feel for ya dude. << insert tongue in cheek emoticon here >>

This whole suggestion was "tongue in cheek". I just get tired of it screwing up. I have never been able to make it through 3 map cycles before it screws up. I either get booted and crash (I mean completely - hard reboot) or I get the "HL has performed an illegal operation . . . " and then have to shut down and reboot or HL will continue to give me that error. #Cussing out VALVE!

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
[doctored Descartes]
Negative Creep

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato-VS- wrote:
Bah why do people whine? Its only a game geeze. Potato has never had any problem with steam (other than dling the install/setup files - took a while but it was worth it).

<TVB>Potato

Oh no Potato, you just opened a door to another dimension, a dimension known only as The Steam Complaint Zone...doo doo doo doo.

Ahaha, no seriously...people complain because for most it is causes alot of errors, bugs, glitches, and the list goes on. People have problems installing, uninstalling, problems with cd keys. Even problems with the simple things like the friends network, or your favorites list not showing up, I could go on and on and on and on and on and on with the list but I won't for your sake.

While it is their right to complain about these problems, I don't think they should. If you are having such a hard time with Steam, go back to WON until Steam is fixed or they take WON down, that way you don't have to deal with alot of this bs.

But you, I and many others are some of the lucky ones that have had very little or no problems with Steam. So we should be grateful that we don't have to deal with the bs they put up with and not brag about it, which we are clearly doing. So I'll stop.

By the way I am only stating my opinion, if you don't like it, don't bi*** me out and tell I'm wrong, just state yours in a reasonable manner or don't respond to this at all.

Edit: Just saw your post DukeNukem, OH. I didn't know that's what you meant. Hahaha oops, well okay then go start your own forums and waste space their, because I doubt they will let you do it here or anywhere else to the point that you would like to do it
Mulder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No steam has no problems
Negative Creep

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulder wrote:
No steam has no problems

Yes, yes it does, what's your point?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, for the same reason we don't have a "cesspool".

BTW I havn't had any errors with steam since installing it.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Mulder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
I havn't had any errors with steam since installing it.

same here

The program does not have any problems
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulder wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:
I havn't had any errors with steam since installing it.

same here

The program does not have any problems

BASTIDS!!!!!! #Rofl

Creep: Get a grip, this was never a serious suggestion.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
[doctored Descartes]
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i the only one on here that actually likes steam and thinks it was a great improvement and has never once had a single problem. I mean geez fellas complaining will get you no where plus its not that bad of a program and makes running TFC, CS, NS, and DOD a hell of a lot easier. I like all the improvements and nifty things about it that i didn't get on the old stuff all in all i 100% endorse steam.

Powder
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steam is great. The people who manage it are another story. I had very few problems, but that's off topic.

You can make your own forum, but I don't think many people want to read a bunch of ranting about Steam. I know I wouldn't.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: