FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Question/help needed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Question/help needed Reply with quote

Ok, for ASF I am making a Somalia map - based on the Mogadishu raid on October 3rd 1993 (Black Hawk Down is based on this raid). I am making the map a little complex but fairly easy to understand.

1. Rangers must secure the perimeter around the target building (one block down on the right hand side away from the Olympic Hotel). Until the prisoners are all taken into the convoy's three ton trucks - there are nine hummers and three three ton trucks in the convoy. NOTE: three hummers (Struker's) leave to take Private Blackburn back to base - the Ranger who fell during repelling from the UH-60 (Black Hawk). If your wondering: he fell because the pilot dodged an RPG during the movie. Then that’s incorrect. Taken from the actual soldier's accounts no one knew HOW Blackburn fell from the chopper during repelling. They assume that he fell because he was carrying more weight then training and repelling from a higher position. This therefore leaves six hummers and three three ton trucks at the target building.

2. Once the first black hawk - carrying "Elvis" and his crew - is shot down by an RPG you must move your chalk and secure a perimeter around that crash site. NOTE: a perimeter is not three minutes to complete in this level. You must hold this crash site for the entire map time from when the bird hits the ground to when the UN and 101st Mount Division rescue force reaches you.

3. Once Durant's bird is shot down you must destroy that crash site by planning explosives.

4. Hold the first crash site until the Rescue force arrives.

Basically this is a three point three objective mission. Failure of any objective (securing prisoners or securing the crash site) will result in the American Special Forces losing and the Opposing Forces winning. What I need is simple. The level goes through night and day - at sunset and sun rise Somalis pray. They are mainly Islamic - the only thing that was left whole during the civil war and UN intervention. What I need is the sound of the prayers being broadcasted from mosque across the city. So, does anyone know what the Islamic prayers sound like? Could anyone get me a sound file of the prayers by any chance?

Thanks,
<TVB>Potato
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you just wanted to be peeled

Sounds like a cool feature. I wouldn't mind taking a look at it when you get it done

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you going to be doing all that off the HL engine, or are you going to release it on the HL2 engine when it comes out? You could probably do more off the new engine. The reason I'm asking is because this map seems very complex.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the resident arab translator, I know exactly what the prayers sound like (and I even know what they mean!). In all honesty though, you're asking for the call to prayer, not the actual prayer itself. It's the same call that gets broadcast five times a day over the Al-Jazeera network, or any arab tv station for that matter. I should be able to find one for you, since they're pretty standard. I'll let you know when I've found one. Oh, and they pray way more than twice a day, the Quran calls for 5 prayers daily.
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato, sounds great. Let us know when you want to play it on TV7 and we can see if we can make helpful suggestions after playing it a bit.

Last edited by shockwave on Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Azrael

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's a link to one version of it, it's a pretty nice one.

The Adhan

P.S. This particular Azan comes straight from Mecca, so you know it's good.

Translation:

Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar.

Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest.

Ash-hadu alla ilaha illa-llah.

I bear witness that there is no deity but God.

Ash-hadu alla ilaha illa-llah.

I bear witness that there is no deity but God.

Ash-hadu anna Muhammad Rasul Allah.

I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

Ash-hadu anna Muhammad Rasul Allah.

I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

Hayya ‘ala-s-Salah, hayya ‘ala-s-Salah.

Hasten to the Prayer, hasten to the Prayer.

Hayya ‘ala-s-Salah, hayya ‘ala-s-Salah.

Hasten to the Prayer, hasten to the Prayer.

La ilaha illa-llah

There is no deity but The God

That last part is my translation, islam online got the translation wrong by having the last line go like this: There is none worthy of worship but God, which is most definitely not correct linguistically. The sentence lacks the words worthy, and worship. Also, just to remove confusion, the arabic word for God (notice the capital G) , also known as Allah, is simply based off of their use of the definitive. The exact same word, without the definitive means any old god. And I don't know who did their translations, but they definitely need some practice, I had to make three corrections on things anyone with half a brain should've known (assuming they could already speak arabic of course).
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow tanks AZ... Do you know where i can get something that can use the .rm extension? I think its real media but I dont have it on my computer.

Ill make a quick version of the map in WC for TFC before I make a HL2 map version. Its not THAT complex - just entities on timers and so forth. I can get my friend to help me with some of it. Anyways, Ill post some updates once I figure out how to get worldcraft/hammer to work with steam.
<TVB>Potato
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind $15 USD for that?! No chance. Ill just get an file converter.

<TVB>Potato
Azrael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure there's a free version of real player...... you shouldn't have to pay for it. let me see if there's a dl of the azan available.
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the free ware version Az so dont worry. It was in a small link placed so you wouldnt see it .

<TVB>Potato
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato-VS- wrote:
Anyways, Ill post some updates once I figure out how to get worldcraft/hammer to work with steam.
<TVB>Potato

I don't know if that will work right because everything in Steam seems to be inside the Steam files...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea your right......... I gotta either reinstall or do something else. Maybe Ill make it with milk and export it as a file.

<TVB>Potato
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they have something similar to Pak Explorer, but for the Steam cache files.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill check on the community forum.

<TVB>Potato
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stream-box! stream-box!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: