FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Steam Update

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeCies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: New Steam Update Reply with quote

What do you think of it ? It seems to be working better on my pc

Steam Update Released
October 28, 2003, 3:53 pm · Greg Coomer

A Steam update has just been released. It is a fixed version of last week's update, so the list of what's included is the same:
Added support for "trickle update", which will allow updates to games to be delivered over time before they are activated.
Optimizations in Steam targeted at reducing CPU and memory load on some systems.
Progress dialog always shows now during startup.
Fixed handling of cache fingerprint mismatch on reconnect
Fixed case which would cause the preloader ignoring errors to send extra messages to the Steam servers.
Fixed bug in Steam that would cause cache to be validated too often when Steam started. This would cause hard drive thrashing.
Fixed a potential lockup case and access violation case in Steam.
We've also added support for ATI bundle product keys. So it is now possible for purchasers of new ATI video cards to use their product keys for subscriptions to the Valve Premier Pack. (Half-Life 2 will be added to the subscription when it comes out.)
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEAM?!?!?! WORKING?!!?! WOW!!!!...that must be why it is below freezing out...HELL FROZE OVER!!!
SpeCies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I thought the same thing Keyes after it froze due to my firewall requesting for HL authorization after selecting Counter strike. Other than that the only thing that still isn't fixed is the games timing-out after steam is first launched, after the second try it loads fine. If it was perfect it would not serve it's purpose "To keep it's users steamed" !

Maybe the question posted here earlier should of asked "Does valves new gaming platform Steam cause it's users to go out and commit violent acts"

After all the statistics show that steam has turned alot of users away ? I am still undecided on this

Should I stick with Tribes, Medal of Honor, or should I stick with a piece of crap software that is more trouble than it's worth ? 5 more years dealing with cheat fixes and updates like TF/TFC only now it's HL2 and possibly TF2.

Thing's that make a person ask WTF ?

[HALO]cpt._Keyes wrote:
STEAM?!?!?! WORKING?!!?! WOW!!!!...that must be why it is below freezing out...HELL FROZE OVER!!!

Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its amazing it was already working perfectly on my computer and now its working even more perfectly .

<TVB>Potato
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knock on wood Tater, Knock on wood is all I can say.

Potato-VS- wrote:
its amazing it was already working perfectly on my computer and now its working even more perfectly .

<TVB>Potato

Blown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me wonders why I upgraded TV6 to steam, when there are more ppl playing TFC won games. That and you cant do stats on TS cause they have that hosed and could care less to fix anything. Oh did I mention hardly anything likes to work with steam serverside, and causes all sorts of issues, that of which I never had prior to steam. Long Live Steam....NOT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: