FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Computer Help!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Custom Computer Help! Reply with quote

Read below

Last edited by Chan on Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For not a lot more you can get a ati powered 9600 with the same features
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I dunno. Id go for the 9600 or up instead but Id say that it seems to be pretty good.

<TVB>Potato-VS-
Darkath

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just built a computer for my friend, and i got him an ATI Radeon 9200 w/ 128 MB and it costed $68, so I would say for the extra 128 MB, it is a deal. I would upgrade to 9600 w/ 128 MB at least if u can

^^^ Clicky
Chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a budget for the computer though, hold on and I will post what i got so far.
Budget is 400 or less

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computer Parts so far, click on the bold to see the items further. Please tell me if this is a good combo, I still have to get memory and a moniter, I already have the HD and Soundcard.

CDRW Artec 52x24x52 CD-RW is an ideal tool for backing up or distributing your data. No need to get an extra hard drive, just burn it and store it. Artec's CD-RW is a combination of high performance and reliability. With the newly developed "JustLink" technology from Ricoh, errors or buffer under runs are a thing of the past. Also included is Nero, one of the most user friendly and easy to use burning software programs from Ahead. $34.99

Case This case is includes a 400Watt power supply that’s sure to deliver the intense power needed for today’s high-performance CPUs can components. This case features 10 drive bays: four 5.25-inch bays, two 3.5-inch external bays in addition to four internal 3.5-inch bays. You also get seven expansion slots, front USB2.0 and audio connections. This tough case is finely crafted and features smooth internal edges to prevent painful cuts. $44.99

CPU & MOBO The Biostar P4SXQ Socket 478 ATX Mainboard features the one of the world's most efficient memory controller, designed for exceptionally high performance.
- Processor Interface: Socket 478
- Processors Supported: Intel Pentium 4 processor up to 2.4GHz
- Front Side Bus: 400MHz $109.99

Floppy Drive Upgrade your computer system with a new black floppy drive to improve your drive performance. Because floppies aren't going away any time soon. Our best 1.44MB floppy drive, ideal for the build-it-yourselfer provides quality construction and is industry standard to fit into your new or existing PC. This bare drive is built for a quick installation. $19.99

Video Card RADEON 9200 series delivers a dazzling visual experience with the highest performance in its class, driven by an advanced Quad-pipe rendering architecture. Offering full support for the AGP 8X standard and extremely programmable geometry and texture engines, RADEON 9200 produces the sharpest possible graphics and video imagery. $89.99

HeatSink And Fan A more efficient cooling fan can protect your PCs vital parts and boost performance. This Socket 478 Cooling Fan will keep your Intel® Pentium® 4 processor running smooth and efficient without the worries of overheating your CPU.
$14.99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm gonna go with this selection unless someone says different

Hmm... Memory will be added too
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are remebering the $80 for processor?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=550379&sku=CP2-CI2400NC

my new mobo i got a lower speed for the pentium4 instead of a celeron. that and i'm poor so i couldn't get a faster one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proccessor and mobo are a ubndle for the 109.. look at the link again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chan wrote:
Artec 52x24x52 CD-RW is an ideal tool for backing up or distributing your data. No need to get an extra hard drive, just burn it and store it. Artec's CD-RW is a combination of high performance and reliability. With the newly developed "JustLink" technology from Ricoh, errors or buffer under runs are a thing of the past. Also included is Nero, one of the most user friendly and easy to use burning software programs from Ahead. $34.99

NO NO NO!!!!

Go with the Lite-On, Lite-On > ALL

And what's this...?

Chan wrote:
With the newly developed "JustLink" technology from Ricoh, errors or buffer under runs are a thing of the past

Uhhhhh....I hate to break it to Ricoh, but BURN-Proof/JustLink was developed a LONG time ago, so if they are just now jumping on the JustLink bandwagon, that can't be good

^^^ Clicky
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty solid chan. Id go for 512 MB DDR RAM if you can or go for SORAM (I think its called SORAM) that the big servers use youll be pumping bullets into your friendly neighbourhood potato in no time!

<TVB>Potato-VS-
Mr Hat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think tiger direct is over priced and offers a limited selection.

look here 1st www.pricewatch.com

i like http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Home.jsp

ZipZoomFly was formally googlegear...they have a nice selection of major brands and good prices...plus they give free shipping on alot of things.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, I ordered it, and reordered it about 4 times i think now, called support a bunch, and now anm waiting to see what they do to my money, since I have yet to get a tech support person that can clearly understand english.... o well... Hopefully everything will be sorted out by fri or sat.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: