FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Question about steam

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Question about steam Reply with quote

whenever i try to join a game in ns or ts i get this message

"Your .dll [cl_dlls\client.dll] differs from the servers"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might wanna PM [Fucus]Lunt cause he was having the same prob and I'm not sure how he fixed it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blown65 wrote:
you might wanna PM [Fucus]Lunt cause he was having the same prob and I'm not sure how he fixed it.

thanks i will

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this might fix it.
in your old halflife folder there is a dll named fmod.dll

copy it to steam/steamapps/youremail/half-life
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i dled the full version of steam and it still doesnt work so ill try your idea cobra

Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cobra thanks for the info but no offense it didnt work i am completely out of ideas and i am lost i guess i just cant play ns or ts anymore (so sad )

Vulcan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS and TS you need to copy into your half life folder for steam, and then also copy the file fmod.dll.
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan wrote:
NS and TS you need to copy into your half life folder for steam, and then also copy the file fmod.dll.

i just ran it right as soon as i dl'd steam...no prob, no fancy file moving....hmmmm...ill go and check my files, see if i can randomly pull out an idea from my arse....
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAH im out of ideas i have moved the fmod to every folder in steam that i can think would help but still nothing i have even copied my cl_dll folder and still crap i guess steam just doesnt want me to own in ns or ts if u guys come up with anything more id appriecate it

Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok for all u people who dont know me u will find this funny but for u select few who do know me u should have seen this coming...

i found out why i couldnt get into ns and it is one simple reason it wasnt my dll or anything like that it was the simple fact that when i unistalled steam the first time i forgot to reinstall ns or ts when i reinstalled steam and then when i unistalled it the second time i didnt take taht into mind (seeing as all i played was dod) so now i am killing onos and fades all day long along with marines and commanders the mighty and great Fade vs Knife is back

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: