FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
different maps?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Team Fortress Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: different maps? Reply with quote

Ok, so everytime I try to hop on TV VI and the map dustbowl is up, I get a message that tells me my map is different than the one on the server. Did steam change some maps and not others? I will attempt to reinstall this map, but just in case it's not that, does anyone have any ideas?
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, the new dustbowl is different. I assume you moved over all your maps?? Just go into your map folder and delete the dustbowl one, it should pull the new one from you cache file.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the second flag has a new extra wide renovated gate... which makes it 10x easier. i ahd the same problem, sjut deletel the dustbowl.bsp and you should be fine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete all of the valve maps in your Maps folder they are just sitting there collecting dust since everything the game needs is in those darn gcf files that take 32583958395839 hours to download.
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt do that. Custom maps then would need downloaded every time. As soon as I put my custom maps in I never had to dl them anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mulder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulder wrote:
Delete all of the valve maps in your Maps folder they are just sitting there collecting dust since everything the game needs is in those darn gcf files that take 32583958395839 hours to download.

The Game does not NEED custom maps, models, ect to run. Evertything steam NEEDS to run the game is in the gcf file for that game.
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulder wrote:
Mulder wrote:

The Game does not NEED custom maps, models, ect to run. Evertything steam NEEDS to run the game is in the gcf file for that game.

oops, I misread what you first wrote.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Team Fortress Classic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: