FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to kill Heavy Weapons Guys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
=Glenn=The_shibby{Frog}

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my friend my strategy is stick and move, and when i die i go back to where i died to get him again, oh yeah whats a railgun, who uses it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A railgun is the rough equivalent of a laser pistol except it's pitifully weak (no it's not the q3 railgun, although it would be funny if we could up the amount of damage it does somehow)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kronic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 tip u said was totally valid bak it was use a long range weapon if you are using a melee class (if there is such a thing) let me rephrase that when you are trying to take out a hw with a really crappy class use something powerful and can shoot far my personal favourite is the super nail gun u shoot them stand there and let them shoot u and they will die long before u do if your no more that 20 ft away
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you could have a problem with that strategy. IF they HW is like me he'd realize that he can't accuratly hit you with the AC at an incredibly range. I usually switch to the shotgun and start straifjumping and shooting them while I charge. I also prime a greanade as I'm getting in closer and chuck that at em. If they're still alive when I get up to them I quick switch to AC and let em have it.

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently switched my last weapon button and am starting to love tranking and sticking any class as a spy.Killing a hw or snipe is my favorite next to killing an engie and his gun at the same time

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kazebari?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok first, to clear up some facts:

The word and term is side-step, NOT STRAFE

Strafe is when you fire repeatedly upon an enemy. Diablo II got it right, but everyone else got it wrong.

Secondly, as a soldier, i find it very very easy to take down hwguys. bounce them around a bit with the rocket, be sure to lead him. this means that you throw a rocket to one of his sides, then rocket to where he's gonna land, then another rocket, and another rocket. throw a grenade and he's dead. woohoo.

This works with EVERY hwguy (unless he's frag, greebs, or YPAWOM. those three are evil, they can jump, run, and dodge your attacks faster then a scout with enhanced genetics)
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one who incessently plays as a HW, I can confirm most of what has been said here, but I've found the most common way I die is while attacking several players some scout or spy will come up and circle around me. The HW can't track in a stationary circle all that quickly, especially while firing with the ac. A few good hits with a knife and I'm done for. Soon though, I will find a way to beat that tactic, and crap will hit the fan...
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strafing fire or suppressing fire is sweeping fire used to pin down an enemy. to allow some action to proceed .
Concentrated fire or direct fire is shooting at a specific target.

Since the keys are called move left/right (strafe) and strafe sounding better than move left/right calling them by anything else would only lead to confusion at this point IMHO.
Maybe they call it strafe due to the action it causes when the forward and strafe key are pressed together

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-11-27 09:31 ]
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way I found to kill a HW is to kit the top of his head, on the bandanna, with a fully charged sniper shot.

[ This Message was edited by: 5th GHG E.G. Mine on 2002-01-24 07:57 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to kill an HW, is to team up on him. Say for instance you and another soldier are in the same room, and in walks an HW the two of you can kill him in about 3 seconds.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! The easiest class I have found to dispatch a HWG is the pyro. Strafe around him in circles burning him with the flame thrower. While your doing this, prime your napalm grenade. When it's ready to blow, back off and release. Then flame hime some more! It usually takes about 4 to 5 seconds to dispatch a HWG this way. Of course it takes practice to be able to flame, strafe, and prime your nade! But once you get it, WOW the HW just fall like scouts.

Come get Sum!
http://www.sumdumklan.net http://www.nightmarefactory.com

[ This Message was edited by: Kjeldorian Royal Guard on 2002-01-23 12:43 ]
thewz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To reiterate what someone said before, once an hwg finds you, he will almost always hunt you down and kill you. Demomen can easily use this to their advantage. Before you go out to where you think an hwg is, place 8 pipebombs, in the escape route you will be using. Find the hwg and let him chase you back to the spot where you have the pipebombs, all the while shooting him with ur gl grenades. If done correctly, the hwg will only see the pipes when too late. Detonate them and watch gibs defy gravity.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of these suggestions work assuming the HW is as dumb as he is fat. Any HW worth their salt will notice the pile of pipes on the ground, or hear the warming up of the SGs or Teslas. They are also good at spy checking. But Snaggle, your kidding right?
No, the fatty can take just a little chunk out of the suspect with his AC and still have more health/armor than any other class if he guessed wrong. A decent HW will get a medic to go with him and keep his health up, while he mows you down, and 4 of your teammates, all while priming a MIRV, swatting flies, and cooking a meal for 6. SO, don't underestimate that lumbering hulk, inside he may have the mindset of a scout on crack.
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When All is said and done, there are regular HW guys and there are professional HW Guys. The regular ones sometimes play HW but play other classes as well. Some play HW because they like the big gun. These regular HW guys should be able to be killed by most of the means discussed here already.

On the otherhand, the professional HW will not succomb to these tactics with ease. They know the limits of their class and they know how to react accordingly to enemy threats. Luckly for you, the professional HWG is on the endangered species list and you'll not likely encounter one in your regular session of playing.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you have the misfortune of going against YPOWOM and Rata on a sunny day in Avanti. Not a pretty picture....Been there, done that, OUCH !!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: