FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
steam and LAN

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: steam and LAN Reply with quote

Is it true than LAN games would require validation, thus internet connection, or is it only for the pay per month service?

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as of right now it has to have net connection. Its been said they are going to "patch" that soon. LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think pay to play is for when HL2 comes out. The LAN games do require validation, but I heard they're going to fix that in another update.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
I think pay to play is for when HL2 comes out. The LAN games do require validation, but I heard they're going to fix that in another update.

There is no pay to play.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuLiShA wrote:
Stevo wrote:

There is no pay to play.

I thought you could either pay a subscription to get access to everything, or buy HL2 and the retail mods.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made it sound like a requirement though...
kamikaze

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people are so ignorant about steam. they hear about one option of payment and freak out. so, here, i'll lay it down for everyone. you have two options of payment regarding HL2.
1) buy the retail version for $50, from what i understand, the multiplayer will be included in the retail version. you pay the $50 ONCE for HL2 and the multiplayer that comes with it. After that, if you wish to play other mods, it's up to the authors whether or not you will have to pay for it. In which case, you will be able to buy it retail ONCE for a certain price.

2) Sign up through steam for $9.99 a month and get everything that Valve puts out for HL2 and the produced mods for free.

Honestly, choice #1 is the way I'm going. I don't think alot of mod authors for HL2 will charge for thier games, based simply on the fact that they'll always been free. Also, I don't have enough faith in Valve to put something out that consistently for me to pay $120 a year.

i told you i was hardcore.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: